Man of Steel
Man-of-Steel

Man of Steel

2013
Sci-fi, Fantasy
A young itinerant worker is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduNetflixMicrosoft Store
Netflix basic with Ads
Max Amazon Channel
Max

Wow! This review calls for Yoda speak! Out of sequence this movie is. Boss fight after the end of world threat is placed. Trying to mix Donner's Superman one and two in one movie it does. Too much plot that is. Paper thin the characters are. Blow the tornado away Clark could have. Wanted surrogate father to die he did. Sympathize I do. Ultimately the story of how Superman became Clark Kent it ends up being. Avoid you must.
Something, something Russell Crowe on a dragon. Something, something the world is not ready. Something, something... RELEASE THE WORLD MACHINE!
Man of Steel is like being beaten around the head with Freudian imagery, Christ allegories, and product placement. And then you get to see cool scenes of people being beaten around the head while flying.
Oh, Man Of Steel. I see that there once was a good movie hidden inside you. I see glimmers of creativity and storytelling that threaten to leak through. But this is not the reality. The reality is dull writing, an abysmal plot, and some of the worst cinematography I've seen in this decade. What we get is a man with no personality beating up space Hitler to a chorus of lens flares and monologues. For two and a half hours.
Went in with low expectations: Cavill seems a good fit for the title role as an anonymous do-gooder who can't reveal his identity for fear of crippling mankind with the burden of his existence. Decent flashback scenes with Costner help an OK script, though it's underdeveloped. Side characters get little back-story, yet we're supposed to care about them. With lots of Christ imagery and a borrowed visual style of JJ Abrams or Ridley Scott's Alien films, it's lively but has little re-watch value.

52 Collections including 24 Collaborative and 28 Public