Neighbors-2014
Neighbors

Ratings and reviews:

Neighbors

2014
At times, a laugh-out-loud bash of a comedy that's largely held up by Efron, and to a lesser extent Franco. I can take or leave Rogan. It was successful enough to spawn a less than stellar sequel, but it doesn't take much these days. Not bad, worth a watch, a passive one.
Amusing collegiate fun. Does a good job humanizing its antagonists. A lot of the jokes are more dirty-for-the-sake-of-dirty than clever-dirty, though. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm no prude or anything at all. I watch Game of Thrones like everyone else. But I still don't consider "look, a giant dick!" or "look, big veiny boobs!" a "joke" in anything but the loosest terms.
I didn't like this. There were a handful of funny moments here and there, but it was largely juvenile and tedious and the attempts at giving the film a heart just rang incredibly false and undermined what little of the comedic setup could have been effective. Just not for me.
We only have like 3ish more years of Christopher Mintz-Assy before he's gone forever. I can't wait.
One of the better character-driven comedies in a while. I like that the movie acknowledges its plot is pushed forward mostly by itchy boredom. Efron and Franco bring massive amounts of warmth and humanity to collegiate villains that could be moustache-twirlers in a lesser film, and both do a great job of legitimizing themselves as movie stars -- especially Efron. It's a funny movie full of funny people, and the casting director who paired Hannibal Buress with Jerrod Carmichael deserves an Oscar.
I was pretty much won over by its inescapably buoyant charm and Efron is one hot muffin' - I mean I'm not gay or anything, but I would totally suck his ****
Seth Rogan and Dave Franco are soo funny and the entire movie was damn funny.
A series of jokes strung together with a semi-coherent narrative. Its fine, its whatever
Reaches surprisingly high emotional, dramatic, and comedic peaks. If it were more consistent at reaching those heights, and were able to make the different ideas cohere a little more, this would have easily made it into the raunchy comedy pantheon.
The movie's central conflict lends itself to strong comedic potential, and Stoller, Cohen and O'Brien fully capitalise on that, ensuring that every one of the movie's tight 97 minutes delivers at least a laugh or two. A wild and raucously funny ride. more @ lbxd
A solid consistent deliverer of laughs. It isn't amazing, but since so few comedies even partially entertain, this stands out as a pretty good entry. Efron and Franco are both entertaining, and although Seth Rogen playing himself should have worn off years ago, it hasn't.
Neighbors isn't 'hilarious', but it entertains and sticks to what it is, and there is some good comedy to be found in there, which makes it better than most comedies anymore. Good performances from Rogen and Byrne and Efron and Franco as well. I didn't think it was a gut-buster, but it's still worth a watch.
Funny, but a bit disappointing in execution. This could have been so much more.
Aside from a few short chuckles there were no laughs to be had. It wasn't really funny and all of the characters were super stupid especially the mom(Rose Byrne). The only actor that gives a halfway decent acting performance was Zac Efron.
Y'know, I really like Zach Efron. I think he's very good. The rest of the movie doesn't do much. You'll maybe laugh once or twice-- four times if you're really into it. Regardless, I don't highly recommend this one, it's just there.
Smart and funny with great performances from all the leads.
If you like Seth Rogen, you'll like this movie. Plain and simple.
Zac Efron is too talented. It's upsetting how good of a performer he is.
Surprisingly funny and cutting.
Maybe it's just me, but with an actual director (say, previous Rogen collaborator Jody Hill) this could have been legitimately kind of interesting -- an exploration of how far people will go to perform their expected roles, a Straw Dogs with frat boys to go with Hill's take on Taxi Driver. Oh well.
A serviceable Seth Rogen comedy. You know what in you're in for, and it delivers plenty along those lines. It's nice to see Zac Efron doing some good comedic work.
This was very disappointing. The jokes are not funny, and the film is too mean spirited to be charming.
Not amazing but a not bad 80's style comedy. The leads and sides are all fine. Nothing amazing, but not a bad way to spend 100 minutes by any means
Laugh out loud, fun comedy about stupid people in over their heads who you can't help but like.
I found this film hilarious, one of the best comedies I've seen in the past 5 years. The best moments came from Rogen and Byrne and their attempts at parenting and being mature adults. These two are both such great comic actors. The frat scenes were a little more grating and less funny, but still watchable. I did not expect the humour to be so dirty, quickfire, and in-your-face - a real treat with some truly unexpected surprises. The quality starts to slide later on but the film is soon over.