22 Jump Street

22 Jump Street

2014
Crime

Rated 18 Jun 2014
As long as Tatum/Hill keep on doing their thing, they have Cate Blanchett from me to fulfill the dream that is the end credit, which, by the way, is the end credit to end all end credits.
Rated 13 Jun 2014
I just honestly wasn't as impressed with this film as I was with the last one. I get the whole self-aware gag of "it's the same exact thing as last time", but a lot of jokes fell flat for me and I actually felt rather bored at parts. I love the chemistry between the two leads, but the humor just didn't gel that well with me this time around and there was so much time spent with them separate from each other. It was just a lukewarm experience for me.
Rated 16 Dec 2014
Pretty lame. If only the script had been as spiffy and inventive as the end credits...
Rated 02 Jul 2014
Not as good as the first unfortunately. Half the time it is as good, the other half it feels forced. So if you're willing to sit through the same runtime for about half the amount of fun I would recommend this. Gets a bit too repetitive with its purposely degraded formula, but still at the end I honestly wanted to watch either one of the ridiculous sequel teases. I think I really like Tatum and Hill as a comedic duo. It just didn't come out quite right in this one. Ice Cube is great here though.
Rated 22 Jun 2015
I probably enjoyed this as much as the first one; there isn't really a lot to separate them, the chemistry is still there and this still feels fresh. The visible self-awareness works in its favour, and everyone seems to be in on the joke. Some great glowering from Ice Cube as well. Very silly, and entertaining.
Rated 17 Jul 2014
Of all the sequels I've seen, this one is a continuation of the first one.
Rated 27 Jun 2014
Not as fresh or funny as the original... but still pretty funny. Hill and Tatum's chemistry remains sharp. Ice Cube, of all people, actually gets the funniest moment in the film.
Rated 13 Jun 2014
Cannot wait 35ish years from now when these two become the new Walter Mathau/Jack Lemmon. The Annie Hall thing destroyed me.
Rated 26 Jun 2014
An amusing albeit wildly uneven diversion. Tries to top its predecessor's self-referential humor in every possible way to the point of overdoing it. It seemed to me like they were just making things up as they go along and it ultimately becomes a tad too monotonous by the halfway point.
Rated 12 Aug 2014
Not cool as 21 Jump Street but gets quite few great laughs on it's own account. All jokes that were cool involved Ice Cube. I also got the feeling like they ran out of good ideas/jokes. Hopefully this same is also clear to producers, hence such ending and I hope we won't see another sequel.
Rated 17 Jun 2014
Self-admittedly forced and not as good as the first. That aside, it's still a fun time, especially if you can get behind meta-humor (and non-stop bromance drama). The credits sequence depicting future sequels is as funny as the rest of the film, and hopefully heads off the franchise from further degrading itself.
Rated 08 Aug 2018
I personally think 21 is better, but 22 is undeniably a great follow up for a film genre that doesn't have many great sequels. The "breaking the wall" technique and self aware shots are some of the best this has to offer. Tatum and Hill are great again, maybe even better from a performance level, and the story (much like the first) is just there, but it also kinda plays on the recycled shots it takes at itself. There is just something missing for me, it's not quite 21, but still great.
Rated 26 Jan 2015
On par with the original, it's surprisingly good and funny despite not being particularly consistent.
Rated 16 Jun 2014
I hope Channing Tatum stays permanently in the 'transition to comedy actor' part of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Action Hero Trajectory, because he is amazing at it.
Rated 25 Sep 2018
The meta-comedy grew tiresome after a while as did the complete lack of plot, but this movie was generally pretty funny and that's good enough for me. The end credits sequence in particular is killer.
Rated 07 Feb 2015
After loving the first one, this was a major disappointment. The charm and fun is gone.
Rated 26 Feb 2015
I like it like I like my drinks. EXTRA ICE CUBE
Rated 05 Jun 2015
Okay yeah story was way better in the first one, but damn this one was a great stuff as well. Not storywise maybe but it was great on many other levels. Tatum and Hill are perfect once again and some jokes are really brilliant. Anyway, brilliant comedy (y) Some great easter eggs and tributes to some comedy classics also give more credit to this for me as they were put in a great way :)
Rated 14 Jun 2014
Starts off feeling kind of iffy, as if they were trying too hard to recreate lightning. But there is a very clear point where it goes from merely good to amazing. Some of the funniest scenes I expect to see all year.
Rated 24 Jan 2018
Another fun entry in what might be currently the most enjoyable action comedy series going. This mismatched cop duo absolutely needed bringing back, with no modifications to their characters. The added chemistry with Ice Cube and Amber Stevens was just a bonus. The plot and villains were a bit forgettable, but at least the movie was packed full of in-jokes, cultural references and just pin-sharp comedic writing. The fact that I would greenlight half of those joke sequels speaks for itself.
Rated 08 Mar 2015
Unbelievable. The first movie didn't even look good and here they are making a sequel that's every bit as good as the first movie. Hill and Tatum are still really good together and this movie continues 21s hilarious writing and some good action. If you liked the first one this is a must-see.
Rated 22 Jul 2014
The only way a sequel to a self aware comedy could work is this, a comedy about sequels and recycling ideas, and it works!
Rated 27 Jul 2015
The jokes are too often cheap and juvenile, and while the energy of Tatum and Hill is sometimes infectious, it is just as often laborious. There are some laughs, but most of the time the film is trying way too hard for the punch line.
Rated 05 Jul 2014
While the first one was a surprise, this one was so meta and self aware that you can't help but be annoyed. They pulled a Home Alone/Home Alone 2 and just used the same script and also like those movies it lost a lot of its charm. For every funny moment there's at least 5 instances where you start cringing over them trying too hard. Doesn't work as well as the first one. Really not looking forward to any more of these. Also, Amber Stevens = perfection
Rated 19 Jun 2014
An amazing comedy sequel. Making fun of everything about comedy sequels helps separate the movie from the original even though it follows the same plot. Ice Cube and Channing Tatum knock it out of the park, and Jonah Hill helps make the slow spring break part of the movie funny.
Rated 01 Oct 2014
Doesn't have the charm of the first one. Rehashing of already made jokes isn't enough anymore. Sure there were some laughs here and there, but I wouldn't have cared if they only made 21 and tossed the script of 22 in the bin. Mediocrity galore.
Rated 24 Jun 2014
It's not the surprise the first one was, but the established characters allow for a sequel that's nothing but jokes, and most of them hit perfectly. Also, best end credits in the history of film.
Rated 26 Aug 2016
Much of a muchness to the first film, the overriding feeling being that the quality of the gags is far lower. Being so openly similar to '21JS' gives it some leeway - and allows the excellent never-ending-sequels spoof during the credits - but also permits a laziness that makes the first half of the film criminally bland. There are chuckles to be had, Jillian Bell is good and Ice Cube is once again the best thing in it, but overall it's pretty forgettable stuff.
Rated 23 Jul 2014
It doesn't quite reach the dazzling heights of its predecessor, but well-aware of the rule on diminishing returns, this sequel about sequels is out to play a different game -- it just keeps getting pigeonholed back into the old one. Tatum gets one of the biggest laughs I'll have all year out of an over-the-top reaction to a plot reveal, and Ice Cube steals every scene he's in. But the best part of the film is the endless-sequel teasing closing credits, which might be the best credits of all time
Rated 30 Sep 2014
This movie is very aware of itself and that can turn many people off. I personally can't stand Scream and Behind the Mask for this reason. Lord Miller definitely knew that there are always diminishing returns for a comedy sequel, but they did a valiant job.
Rated 15 Dec 2017
Maybe it's just because I watched it right after the first, but despite all its sequel-satirical nods (the opening address change and ending credits were hilarious), and perhaps because of them in some cases (the "exact same thing as last time" line felt overused) it didn't feel quite as fresh. Fortunately, Hill and Tatum's continued chemistry is more than enough to keep you engaged (see their counselling session), helped too by some quirky new characters (Bell's deadpan dame is a riot).
Rated 17 Aug 2014
Hilarious, but not as fun as the first... some of the jokes got a little repetitive, but there were plenty of reasons to see and enjoy this one.
Rated 09 Oct 2014
The film seems almost gleeful in how it hammers home that it's exactly like the first part and it'll be more of the same and yes everyone is in on the joke. It has a strong beginning that got a lot of laughs out of me, loses momentum in the second half, contains Ice Cube Swearing a Lot which will never not be funny to me and has hilarious end credits. So yes, it is indeed exactly like the first part. Only, you know, now it's more of the same.
Rated 18 Jun 2014
Hilarious in parts, but not quite as funny as the first installment. The supporting cast isn't half as strong as the cast from the first film, and that's mainly what drags it down a bit. Peter Stormare is almost unnecessary, and the plot (while not the reason you see a movie like this) is iffy. As for the reasons you are seeing the movie: Tatum and Hill are still excellent together (seriously, great chemistry), many of the gags and dialogue are great, and Jillian Bell never fails to slay me.
Rated 24 Jun 2014
A predictable and self aware rehash but still fairly clever and amusing. The dialogue and jokes are a bit too dumb here though and a lot of it hinges on whether or not you think Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum's slapstick is funny. It's also filled to the brim with jokes equating the buddy cop genre with gay romance. It kind of loses steam 3/4 of the way in with comedy setups that are allowed to linger a bit too long like the Hill and the fat chick fight. Alright for a laugh.
Rated 18 Jun 2014
Through this whole movie the most unbelievable thing was Jonah Hill holding Channing Tatum up on the helicopter with one arm.
Rated 22 Jun 2014
Enjoyed this just as much as the first. The self-aware humor is fantastic, and Ice Cube gets some great screen time here. Hill & Tatum are still great together.
Rated 29 Jun 2014
This sequel one-ups it predecessor by not only doing the exact same thing as before, but also being insistingly self aware and self-deprecating about this fact, to the point where the lovable duo's shenanigans are framed within a hilarious self absorbed sequel spoof.
Rated 16 Aug 2014
Cringey as hell, but its persistence does rub off. I actually had a chuckle or two the last half hour. And to be honest, the end-credits were hilarious.
Rated 04 Aug 2014
22 Meta Street. I love meta more than the average movie buff, but even I had to chew an extra time or two to get it all down in one sitting. It's funny, doesn't take itself to serious and know that people are really expecting THAT much, and it still delivers. Hill and Tatum are perfect together. Enjoy 22 Almost Jump the Shark for what it is, and you'll be fine.
Rated 12 Dec 2014
The magic is still there...kind of. No surprise to fans of the first entry, but this one lives and dies on what you think of Hill and Tatum's chemistry. If you dig it, you're going to like this -- just maybe not as much, or nearly as much, as the original. If you don't see it between these two, well, best avoid this. Where I think this one pales pretty drastically is the lack of new, interesting side characters...or drug dealing vegans, for that matter. Still worth a watch and a few laughs.
Rated 09 Dec 2014
it's so tongue in cheek that eventually it feels like it swallowed its own tongue and started gagging horribly... but there are plenty of bright spots in the midst of this mess and tatum and hill are still a fantastic duo. the end credits montage of ludicrious sequels was my favorite part and i would probably be happy to watch more than half of the ones proposed.
Rated 16 Jun 2014
Lots of dumb fun--roughly as entertaining as the original, I'd say. Gets plotty at the end, and doesn't have the sense of freshness that its predecessor did, but it's got some really nifty self-referential gags, one wild "car" chase, and some genuinely great chemistry among its talented cast members. A good time; worth the ticket price.
Rated 28 Oct 2015
not so impressive in second viewing, still good though
Rated 15 Jun 2014
Impressed once again--this sequel is even better than the original. It leans even more into the meta-comedy (Benny Hill Film Studies scene was a nice touch). It also cleverly finds a way to make the cool guy being cool seem fresh after the switcharoo they pulled in 21. Looking back on this (from 2020), I think this is what cemented Miller and Lord as comedy fixtures for me.
Rated 28 Aug 2020
must watch after the first one
Rated 15 Aug 2014
Fun to watch but far from what part one was.
Rated 19 Jan 2017
i never saw the show and thought the first movie would be a pale rip off of the show, just capitalizing on a name. while i have no idea how similar it was to the show, as a movie, it stood pretty strong on it's own merits. the second one is more of the same, and that's a good thing. tatum and hill make a tremendous team, playing off of each other with skill and they come up with some of the best improved humor around.
Rated 27 Sep 2017
Did not live up to the hype of the first film, but it had a lot of hilarious scenes. And you're entertained enough through the rest of the movie between those scenes.
Rated 25 Aug 2014
very similar to (and as funny as!) the first remake.
Rated 09 Dec 2020
My name jeff
Rated 17 Jun 2014
Schmidt and Jenko are sent to college to do exactly what they did before--find the supplier of a new drug which is corrupting the student body. But as Jenko finds new purpose on the football team, his bond with Schmidt is jeopardized. The rather thin plot is secondary to the barrage of jokes, and the film's batting average is astonishingly high--purely based on laughs, it's one of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. Tatum and Hill are wonderful, and the coda is an absolute gem.
Rated 22 Nov 2014
Good for some chuckles and chortles.
Rated 20 Dec 2014
Whole movie was not that entertaining but ending scene, **spoiler: the scene they tell us other jump street movies (23-24-25....31)*** was amazing. I've just added 30 points for that scene. Except this, 22 Jump Street is almost the same movie as 21 Jump Street. It was fun anyway.
Rated 10 Mar 2016
gotta rewatch
Rated 07 May 2018
Daps
Rated 13 Oct 2014
Very funny
Rated 16 Nov 2015
Kinda funny, but not nearly as funny as the first one.
Rated 13 Jun 2014
The memorable parents, teachers, and classmates from 21 Jump Street have been replaced by a much weaker supporting cast with, for the most part, lousy lines and no comedic chops. It's disappointing when even a movie like Pitch Perfect seemed to have assembled a better ensemble cast comedy-wise.
Rated 28 Nov 2014
Enough laughs, paired with the wonderful chemistry between Tatum and Hill give 22 Jump Street enough to be entertaining. I guess you get points for being self-aware, but the "exactly the same joke" gets old as does the thing its making fun of does.
Rated 22 Jun 2014
really funny 10 out of 10
Rated 31 Jan 2022
Not quite as good as I remember it being but still has a decent number of jokes. Hill definitely carries this one
Rated 16 Jun 2014
Chris Miller and Phil Lord have been my comedy spirit animals since they won my heart with the spectacular Clone High. This year they've delivered both a masterpiece for general audiences and, now with 22 JS, a stellar R-rated comedy. They're a brilliant duo making hilarious films. I mean, I have very little left to say; if you liked the first one, this one's likely to knock it out of the park for you. And if you're like me, you can't wait until they move into those condominiums.
Rated 16 Nov 2014
Very impressive, and proof that positive, feel-good cinema should not be thought of as being on a lower level than "serious" stuff.
Rated 13 Jun 2014
Most of the jokes were guilty of being forced, trying too hard and simply unfunny. I don't really remember gags from the first part that well, so I'm wondering is it that much worse than the original or is just the case of the same joke not being funny when told again? Either way, avoid.
Rated 12 Oct 2014
Tatum and Hill are great together on the screen but it didn't feel as fresh and funny as it did the first time. Has its moments but too many weak parts.
Rated 29 Nov 2014
Highly mediocre. Hopefully will never watch again. Chuckled a few times.
Rated 29 Aug 2017
okay movie
Rated 13 Jun 2014
Well, after directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller unleashed the original 21 Jump Street--a foul-mouthed, low-humor meta comedy--they went on to create The LEGO Movie. No kidding! And the idea that somehow that fun and clever animated frolic may have sent its two directors prospecting for a new vein of comedic gold in this sequel somehow caught my fancy. Maybe, just maybe, I thought, they've found a fresh and witty perspective that will redefine the Jump Street brand. (pluggedin.com)
Rated 04 Jul 2014
I suppose you NEED a film like this to make Tatum Fit in? Except if you just need his body... Which might be the case here as well? Anyways, the fun is delicately enough delivered, but some scenes are horrifyingly bad, like Hill's fighting scene with the fat roomie. Awesome end credits though!
Rated 19 Jul 2014
Definetly a good "awkward-gay moments" of a comedy
Rated 21 Nov 2014
More of the same. There's no lofty ambitions here and there's nothing really wrong with that.
Rated 14 Jun 2014
I like most of these guy's stuff, I even gave the first one a 7, but this is just awful, stupid, silly, dumbest & dumbest. Even when they were going for serious sad, it was just pathetic, embarrassing sad. I knew humor was heading down, but damn, the bottom fell out.
Rated 03 Jan 2015
"My name is Jeff"
Rated 11 Jun 2015
"22 Jump Street" is meta to a fault, wearing its badge as an unnecessary sequel with a sense of ironic pride to a point of excess, but it's all worthwhile for the performances (notably from Ice Cube) and the ending credits.
Rated 13 May 2015
Very self aware
Rated 09 Jun 2014
A hilarious romp, as funny as the first. Self-referential and reflexive without being obnoxious about it; Tatum and Hill are on fantastic comedic form, and a number of great gags really soar. A early contender for the year's strongest Hollywood comedy.
Rated 20 Jun 2014
I think I just love these movies. It's the same formula as the first, but unlike a movie like The Hangover, it doesn't overstay its welcome for me. I laughed a lot and love the credit sequence. The only minor dig is that sometimes the excessive swearing is not that funny... it doesn't do it for me. But in a movie that has more than just excessive swearing, it's not as noticeable, and 22 Jump Street has a lot to fall back on. Very good chemistry between the two as well.
Rated 13 Feb 2024
This is a rare comedy sequel that understands what made the first one fun, doubles down on that and stays away from all the other shit that ruins comedy sequels eventually. It tackles this pretty early on, then you think they overdid the joke but no, they play with it more and more and what we end up with is a movie that's even better than the original.
Rated 08 Jul 2014
This was exactly the sequel fans of the first one were hoping for. It was funny, refreshing and made light of the fact it was very similar in plot structure to the original. Yet, the jokes and the action were well timed and extremely fun. Tatum and Hill are a perfect comedic duo and play off each other perfectly. So far the most fun movie of the summer, 22 Jump Street is hilarious.
Rated 29 May 2015
Rated 27 Jun 2014
I was having a serious catch 22 moment about this film. Is it better than the first? Could a sequel possibly be better than the original? In this case, yes. Jump 22 had me rolling on the floor with laughter, I'm still picking pieces of popcorn out of my clothes from rolling around down there. The relationship between Hill and Tatum is just fantastic. Ice Cube had a MUCH better role and the newly added cast members shined brighter than a yellow lambro...
Rated 09 Jul 2014
Without having seen the previous installment, I found this to be a decent and entertaining action-comedy. Some parts clearly show symptoms of sequelitis, but not enough to spoil the fun. Hill and Tatum share some wonderful chemistry on-screen. By far the best Dynamic Duo since Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker.
Rated 07 Jun 2014
Hasn't dated super well.
Rated 25 Apr 2015
I liked the first movie, this time for some reason I really, really, really couldn't give a shit.
Rated 10 Oct 2014
Much like the first one, every bit as good if not better. Good for a few laughs but not a classic by any stretch.
Rated 25 Jan 2015
I loved 21 Jump Street (both the original series and the movie reboot with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill), but "22" was beyond absurd. This movie is like one of those awkward people who makes self-deprecating jokes; it's funny to a point, but beyond it, you just feel embarrassed for them and wish they would just stop, and be themselves. The best part of the movie was probably the end-credits jokes.
Rated 13 Jun 2014
22 Jump Street is hilarious and if you enjoyed the first one, you'll want to go see this one, too. It's even better than its predecessor. It's more self-aware, sure, but that actually helps keep it feeling fresh. Hill and Tatum have a great chemistry and are willing to do anything for a laugh, the new additions to the cast are great, the writing is smart, and despite a couple of stretches with few laughs, this is a joy to watch.
Rated 13 Jan 2024
My name is Jeff.
Rated 02 Jan 2021
After making their way through high school big changes are taking place for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) & Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go undercover at local college thistime But whenJenko encounters his kindred soul on the football team& infiltrates Schmidt at artclub they begin to question their partnership Its their job not only to resolve matter but also to endure trials that will show whether they can enter into mature relationship If 2 adolescents can grow into real men this college
Rated 19 Jun 2014
On par with the last film, which it couldn't help pointing out every chance it got. Jillian Bell is fantastically funny and steals the film from the leading men.
Rated 30 Aug 2014
I loved the first movie, and this one while not quite as good - it is still pretty hilarious. Tatum and Hill manage to play off each other almost perfectly (there were some scenes that just fall completely flat). Ice Cube is great in a more of an expanded role. It's not the best thing ever, but probably one of the best right now. Exactly like I rated it last time.
Rated 13 Jul 2014
I haven't seen the first movie but whatever. I heard good things about this so I went with some friends. Its a great popcorn action-comedy flick. I think they over did the "they're clearly too old" jokes, but otherwise it was a very solid effort. The movie was funny (for the most part), entertaining, and well paced. I just wish they would have used Nick Offerman's character more. I don't really get the love for Ice Cube. Thought his character was the weakest part of the movie.
Rated 13 Nov 2023
Allright follow-up movie. Would love to see the extra "jump street" on screens :)
Rated 15 Jun 2014
Does a good job at ridiculing sequels, among a whole bunch of other things. Has a few laugh-out-loud moments and a pretty solid script overall. Pretty much on the same level as the first.
Rated 30 Sep 2014
Solid, fun, and self-aware, but lacks the frenetic attention to detail and composition of the first. Miller and Lord's focus was elsewhere, understandably, but I would've liked to see them put more of their stylistic touch on this one.
Rated 25 Aug 2017
22 Jump Street is an enjoyable sequel and some would argue that it's better than it's predecessor. The premise remains the same but this film is very self aware that it's purposely repeating the same winning formulae. And the hilarious end credits poke fun at this brilliantly. Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill and also Ice Cube feel almost too comfortable in these roles and they are hilarious together once again.
Rated 22 Feb 2022
DVD-worthy
Rated 04 Oct 2015
Hill and Tatum make a solid sequel to 21. Man, it'd be cool to see some of those mock sequels...
Rated 07 Aug 2016
That rare sequel that matches the original. Loved many of the jokes and Tatum and Hill have great chemistry together.