Venom
Venom-2018

Venom

2018
Comedy, Sci-fi
When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life.
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

Sitting there during the first act all “man people are harsh this is watchable as heck” then the rest of the movie unfolded before me and I was clawing at my seat “let me out let me out let me out” Sony stop making movies. My inner venom voice kept calling me an idiot for not waiting another twenty minutes for A Star is Born. Went on this weird rant after about Woody Harrelson playing "Cassius Clay" and oh my god I want THAT movie.
An undeniably fun Venom movie with some flaws up its sleeves. Slate felt miscast and I didn't find the villain all that interesting until Riot was introduced to him. There's also some bad dialogue in the first half hour, which is kind of slow. Still, the CGI isn't bad and when Venom is introduced, things pick up and never let down. I also thought Hardy was excellent as expected. It's not quite the Venom movie we deserve but it's a really entertaining time killer.
The most 1990s movie I've seen in 18 years. Somewhere in the trasition between the tonally misplaced sci-fi horror beginning and the cgi cliché parading climax there was a period of genuine fun with a game Tom Hardy giving it all he's got.
Judging by the post-credit Spiderman Multiverse scene, ‘Venom' must be aimed at children, which sort of makes sense: A teased reporter buddies up with a loser symbiote to fight baddies and bullies. Having an alien that bites people's heads off in a movie that isn't R-rated, however, is just a much cheating expectations as serving people a veggie ‘burger'. I don't care that you didn't hurt any moo-cows when making it, remove this salat from my plate at once!
I feel, to a certain degree, the flak comes from Venom's distance from the MCU and it's ownership by Sony. Some hesitation is warranted, in the hands of Marvel, "Venom" would have been welcomed with open arms, but hardcore fans should be worried that this new series might turn out like some of the lackluster DC movies. In all ernestness, the hate isn't justified, the writing is good, the action is great, and Hardy is a great choice. Now that the origin is out of the way, the real fun can begin.

Submitted bydonmezsefadonmezsefa on 18 Sep 2018