2022
Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller
Jake Sully lives with his newfound family formed on the planet of Pandora. Once a familiar threat returns to finish what was previously started, Jake must work with Neytiri and the army of the Na'vi race to protect their planet. (imdb)
Directed by:
Franchise:

2022
Sci-fi, Suspense/Thriller

Rated 09 Dec 2022
Unsurprisingly Cameron once again plays it fairly safe narratively, aiming to please as broadly as possible and as a consequence he won't win any awards for the story, but equally unsurprisingly the story is only the excuse to indulge in his creation, the alien world of Pandora in all its sprawling uncompromising splendour, and that is indeed a wondrous sight to behold.
Rated 13 Dec 2022
Take away all the CGI and mo-cap, what are you left with? Yet another corny, lazy, cookie cutter revenge story you have already seen a billion times. Fool me once...
Rated 16 Dec 2022
We live in an era where a 10 minute YouTube video with a 50$ budget is more entertaining, more educative and way more clever than a three hour long 250 million dollar James Cameron film. Honestly even if you tried you could not make this movie anymore bland and generic than it already is. I just feel sorry for the technical team that put hours and hours of their life on this.
Rated 13 Dec 2022
Undeniable visual spectacle and technical craft held together by the threadiest of threads of characterization and plot. We, of course, know this already. But it bares repeating, as does a $1+ billion film trying to be eco-humanist may seem at least a bit disingenuous. Engagement feels like a kind of mass hysteria: it exists, so it must be more, right? Right? (I swear to God if he’s just remaking Dragonball Z with Zelda locations I’m quitting.)
Rated 02 Jan 2023
All the resources spent on making and watching this movie could have been better used for philanthropy. It would have had a much more positive impact on the planet.
Rated 18 Dec 2022
This is one of the few films to have given me a sense of wonder and awe in a while. Granted, the narrative takes a pause in the middle third, and there are some beats directly lifted from the first film, but The Way of Water is hands down the most beautiful film I have ever seen. It feels more mature and has more complicated character dynamics, and even though it could have some more plot meat on its bones, it is such a beautiful thing to behold that I don't mind some of its deficiencies.
Rated 19 Dec 2022
Blows the first movie out of the water (haha, hehe). Somewhat light storytelling can still be compelling, as is the case here. I genuinely loved the child characters and the actors playing them. I thought the villain was really entertaining, with surprising depth. The new wildlife was gorgeous and fascinating, as was the familial/relationship stuff. I was mesmerized and floored from beginning to end. Cameron’s innovation and self-patience absolutely paid off. Catch it on the big screen.
Rated 14 Jan 2023
Pro tip: walk in an hour late, catch the plotless, gaudy spectacle part in which the aliens swim with fish, and leave before the pointless smash-boom-shooty-shoot finale starts. Or, you know, just go snorkeling instead.
Rated 15 Dec 2022
It's just unique the way Cameron conducts this in a thin balance between actioner and spiritual drama, both things shown in such an epic, yet intimate fashion -- last third might be one of the best stuff he's ever directed. Gotta love the new characters, the people from the water, even the military shitheads looking for revenge. Though there's lot of exposition, there's barely a plot to follow. Just sit, chill and root for your favorites in Pandora.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
Despite having one of the worst scripts and most cringe inducing dialogue I have ever heard... this movie was incredible. So well directed and meticulously crafted. It feels so weird to say that about a film with blue aliens calling each other bro and boy every 10 seconds, but it really was so amazing. These movies should always stay in theaters, I can't imaging watching them any other way.
Rated 18 Dec 2022
While the first was inconsistent, it at the very least had highs to go along with the lows. This was insipid in a bunch of ways. Sure, it's pretty but this isn't 2009. We get it, Pandora is worth killing yourself for. Water and swimming, woooo. We don't need a boring middle section of swimming. Maybe spend some time writing characters. I'm still waiting for the plot to go in a direction that isn't completely generic and predictable. The action was okay though. Also, cut an hour off this bad boy.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
...then, everything changed when the sky people attacked
Rated 05 Jan 2023
There are many problems with the plot, like why would Sully go to the water tribe in order to protect his forest tribe when he is just endangering the water tribe instead? The last hour is almost enough to make me forget the problems and the visual effects are truly amazing throughout.
Rated 22 Dec 2022
This basically felt like a documentary film where we explore the not-too-exotic aquatic ecosystem of Pandora. It is horrendously long for its void plot, but tried filling the gaps with fascinating visuals. Unfortunately, the novelty died down rather quickly for me, and I almost fell asleep during the middle portion of the film, only to be shaken up by the last battle.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
The movie is visually stunning. The action set pieces are a lot of fun. The story is absolute fucking shit. James Cameron is a hell of a director but a terrible writer. Lots of tiny, skinny, blue boobies barely hidden. Kinda liked that.
Rated 15 Jan 2023
"Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them" In the first movie, Jake mastered the forest. In this one, they mastered the water. Can't wait for fire and wind.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
The subtle details is fantastic. The whole indigenous vs modern theme is great. Was a bit of a slog in the middle but actions was so fluid and life like. By the end of the film, I wasn't thinking the film was going for too long despite it being 3 hour. It left a great impression on me instead. I'm looking forward to the trilogy.
Rated 17 Dec 2022
Today's landmark cinematic achievement: An extremely giant piece of shit suspended in water, composed of infinite fractals, out to consume the earth.
Rated 19 Dec 2022
After the initial impressiveness of the crispness, clarity and smoothness of the animation (no motion blur!?!), I found myself bored well before the halfway point. I had the same problem as with Spielberg's "Ready Player One": watching people's animated avatars is impossible for me to connect to. Also, I had the same problem as with "Rise of Skywalker": big bad guy is a clone of the old bad guy. Uninspired. Don't be afraid to step out for a bathroom break or a smoke, you won't miss anything.
Rated 20 Dec 2022
Fundamentally, this is about as The Sequel To Avatar as it could possibly get, so it’s not going to win over the haters (who have a certain kind of cynicism I could never partake in and I feel a bit sorry for them tbh) but it’s also a significant improvement on the first, with actual characters (who have actual arcs!) and the most incredible visuals I have ever seen. I believed those aliens were real the entire time. First hour only ok and too much is setup for later, but…..he fuckin did it.
Rated 22 Dec 2022
Wow. I’ve been Cameronpilled. Sure, this film relies on visual spectacle, and spends too much time on plot lines with little payoff, but the vibes are immaculate. Space whales! Spiritual magic virgins who are their own daughters! There’s enough good bonkers bullshit in here that the bad bonkers bullshit can be largely ignored.
Rated 04 Jan 2023
* If you’re not a fan of spectacle cinema, drop 10 points. Story wise it’s a very mediocre film, but Cameron’s mastery over the form, the way he puts you inside the world is just amazing. Experience wise, best movie of the year. If you’re watching at home, drop another 10 points. The experience is what counts.
Rated 05 Jan 2023
Same strengths and weaknesses as the first one, so you will likely have the same opinion as you did for the last movie.
Rated 14 Jan 2023
First 3D movie I’ve seen in theaters since Great Gatsby in 2013. I normally hate the 3D thing but I figured I owed it to Cameron’s vision. Certainly looks visually majestic but I find it a bit redundant for it to just come down to Navi vs humans again. Also got a bit tired of Zoe Saldana’s crying-moaning noise thing; it worked in the first movie but was too much here. In fact Neytiri’s constant quasi-feral emotionality kind of made it seem like Jake Sully married a big blue retard.
Rated 27 Jan 2023
"The story is written by a five year old, but the cinematography is often incredibly beautiful."
Rated 23 Feb 2023
This whole franchise is odd to me. Cameron is in a class of his own when it comes to visual flare and spectacle. This movie is great to look at and its polish is quite impressive when you don’t think about the 13 years it took for this to come to fruition. However, this film lacks a lot of pace, as its middle arch is a slog. None of the characters really standout and the story has interesting ideas, but I cannot say I have a desire to sit through another 3 hour entry. Not for me.
Rated 26 Feb 2023
Immediately takes a nosedive after the rather exciting and promising first act. The only real difference from beginning to end, not to mention its predecessor, lies in geographical relocation. What's left is a overlong and tired retread devoid of stakes and urgency in which the merciless bad guy backs down at every turn from doing merciless things to the shiny mint coloured people. Drinking game: take a shot every time a character hisses like cat or rides a dragon fish with no narrative purpose.
Rated 30 Mar 2023
Absolutely shocked at the amount of hissing in a project that took this long to put together. The visuals are a feast but it sucks they're in avatar, this would've put Roger Ebert in a tit coma if they were real people - Rapa Nui almost did way back. Being able to pause this to pee is a wonderful experience. I will never watch this again.
Rated 01 Apr 2023
Utter tripe. Completely derivative of the first movie, they just added water. So much of this is cringe-inducing pap. It's also frequently dumb, especially in the last action sequence (kids trained to dive underwater can't escape a ring of flames on top of the water). Too much swimming with whales or *insert exotic aquatic life with phosphorescence* and fancy CGI. The first avatar was good, but this has sunk the franchise for me.
Rated 01 Apr 2023
Long and CGI-heavy (but astonishingly immersive). ATWOW puts its faith in a blend of fitting in, familial bonds, and "bro". The urgency around threats and dangers, the mix of both genuine loss and narrow escapes from peril, and the cool final babyface comeback felt like pro wrestling done well. As a Blockbuster, it is excellent in execution. And fun. Of course - this isn't art cinema. Grab some nibbles, watch with a loved one who loves movies but doesn't know who Fellini is.
Rated 10 Apr 2023
For a while it’s fun to sit back and drink in the stunning images of Cameron's true love Pandora, but the film goes on far too long and, rare for Cameron, doesn’t use its cast particularly well; the novelty of having Weaver voice a teenager is endearing at first, but she brings little life to the character – ditto Winslet, effectively wasted as a forbidding matriarch; even Saldana struggles with a character seemingly restricted to Shakespearean screaming, which never feels particularly earned.
Rated 15 Dec 2022
It looks beautiful and pristine, but I would never like to watch anything like this again. The first 50 minutes were extremely, extremely bland, and then we had to leave. I'll watch it till the end I guess, but... really no motivation. Not entertaining, not intriguing, there's basically nothing. You can copypaste all this into any story and add flavor.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
Should have been an hour longer. Wanted to see more of the kids and that speaks how much each new character has to offer in the upcoming movies. Not a lot but some of the most intense action ever. Couple of odd choices here and there and three hours of undeniable spectacle that you can't afford to look away even for a second.
Rated 19 Dec 2022
It's a more compelling film than the first with some great little subplots and obviously the imagery is something to behold in Imax 3D. I felt like I'd actually like to go back into the story and world they've built here again and it doesn't feel like a rug pull for the sequel set up either. High frame rate took a while to get used to but even though the on again off again approach to it might seem scattershot at first, it seems well implemented.
Rated 19 Dec 2022
Slow tempo, which is good, but in reality because it got no story to tell. Even though they're blue, it cant hide all the stereotypes. Boring
Rated 20 Dec 2022
Three hours of glorious entertainment. Lang brings the goods, and a plot development involving Weaver's young character gives me hope for the franchise. I don't care that the story is simple when the visuals are this unbelievable. In fact, I probably even prefer it in this case. For while I revel in Cameron's imaginative level of detail, I find neither his realm nor the Na'vi particularly appealing. Switching it up in terms of location does help though, and those tulkuns sure are pretty dope.
Rated 21 Dec 2022
It looks really great, but it’s genuinely not worth the time. Look out for a Planet Pandora with David Attenborough edit, but do not subject yourself to this film. The pacing is atrocious and the writing is worse. The first was bad enough, but at least it was simple and came across as good-intentioned. This is just the sort of colonial entitlement the franchise once pretended to object to. Beautiful, sure, but racism and appropriation scaled with the visuals. Avoid, it’s gross and bad.
Rated 29 Dec 2022
Amazing spectacle, iffy plot. Or plots, since there were five main characters with five related subplots. The subplots were all supposed to connect in the end but it didn't click. I can see why Cameron spent over a decade trying to get this right. It's almost a masterpiece but instead ends up being good in a semi-unsatisfying way. Avatar 5 is set to come out in 2061.
Rated 29 Dec 2022
apart from a couple good moments, it is too slow and boring and the kids are too annoying
Rated 01 Jan 2023
Way more errors in story judgement (Spida is not a character that could never work, but as executed in this film he has weird vibes), but this film is so undeniably stunning to see and hear. Whatever story problems I felt, I understood that Cameron believes that to save the Earth you have to want to live in it, to have a tactile connection and love with it. So Cameron will spend the rest of his life making THESE movies about an alien world b/c we have forgotten how to understand ours.
Rated 02 Jan 2023
A beautiful spectacle and a truly touching, mesmerizing experience when it lets emotion and awe drive the movies focus, but when they try to go for a plot they don't do much that hasn't been done or done better. The general conceit to leaving their village for the water people is a bit forced and the usual annoyances that come from children characters are all there, but the pure might of the atmosphere really is something to behold.
Rated 03 Jan 2023
Great setpiece movie with a meh plot and way too long.
Rated 10 Jan 2023
It's obviously visually stunning, a true spectacle, but wow... what a poor excuse of a story. The script is devoid of any depth, and it follows pretty much the same beats as the last film. There's not a ton of originality involved, it all feels overwhelmingly generic and uninspired. I can tell James Cameron cares very deeply about the visuals but maybe he should've also given a single shit about anything other than that.
Rated 16 Jan 2023
I actually thought this was better than the first. More than anything, I just enjoyed the parts where it felt like you were watching a David Attenborough documentary about the coral reefs of Pandora.
Rated 04 Feb 2023
There's something endearing about James Cameron deciding to spend the rest of his foreseeable career indulging in a schmaltzy glow-in-the-dark world where jellyfish fly and butterflies swim. Sci-fi hasn't hit the whale button this hard since Star Trek IV and I'm loving it.
Rated 07 Apr 2023
Sigourney Weaver’s old-lady voice coming out of that child is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen
Rated 19 Apr 2023
This is a kids movie but it’s a pretty great kids movie with a much needed wholesome message & beautiful visuals and actually pretty likable endearing kids who aren’t saccharine & annoying. The dialogue is rife with watercooler soundbytes, cliche one liners and never gets better, which I anticipated would be unbearable but the general spectacle & positive message, animal bonds & likable kids carried it along. The new world building elements were very snazzy, as well.
Rated 09 Dec 2022
Better on second watch, but pacing and story are still problematic (to say the least). On the other hand the action is seriously brillant and it probably couldn’t look better.
Rated 15 Dec 2022
I was surprised to find myself liking Avatar: The Way of Water. The film's effects and performances impressed me, and the expanded mythology of Pandora made the distinctions between the forest and beach-dwelling Na'vi more meaningful. Despite its reputation for having no cultural footprint, the extended time between sequels shows in the fully realized world and effects. I did have some issues with the high-frame rate images, which can be disconcerting as the resolution switches from shot to shot
Rated 16 Dec 2022
If this was the first Avatar movie, I would rate it 100, like I did for the first one. But, I had to take points off for recycling some of the same plot as the first one as well as unnecessarily bringing back Colonel Quaritch. Having said that, the movie is another visual masterpiece that is well directed and acted. The new take on the water side of Pandora is spectacular, with a new world of amazing creatures and interactions between the Na'vi. Will watch this in the theater again
Rated 16 Dec 2022
Aside from the huge technical achievement this long awaited sequel is pretty hollow. Even more so than the first one.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
James Cameron gives Thunderball competition on how many underwater sequences he can fit in a feature length film. As for the movie, it’s alright I guess. Retreads quite a bit from the first film and feels more like style over substance in places with pretty shots and CGI. I didn’t get the emotional impact from this one as much as the original. Jake and Neytiri get way less screentime as it focuses on the children and secondary characters. Not sure if it justifies the three hour runtime at all.
Rated 20 Dec 2022
Avatar: The Way of Water is a good film. It runs over 3hrs but is well-paced & filled with 3D eye-candy. Technically great, but in an age of superhero films, large scale CGI & franchises, this film seems to be treading water. The plot is alright though it features plenty of cringeworthy, clichéd character moments & a substantial amount of build up for future instalments. Also why was the whale exiled for killing? Enjoyable but I still have no desire to revisit the world or the characters.
Rated 31 Dec 2022
Nestlé is to food what Hollywood's Cameron is to cinéma. Diabetes and cancer-inducing.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
3d absolutely beutiful. the story is shite. but i only wanted to see the beaty really and i began craving magnificent scenes like a guilty feeling. it straight up was stunning top to bottom. it did not feel like 3 hours and i just wanted it to continue. the battle scenes where shortlived and unrealistic. and i cant wait for more world expansion. personally i think the next 2 films will be sand and ice and then it ends as a fin-arly of all 4 lands against the humans
Rated 07 Jan 2023
I never understood people who said they cried at video games until this movie/video game had me on the verge of tears when the one kid was hanging out with the whale in the ocean. Beautiful and dare I say Malickian? For a giant spectacle you could do a lot worse. Way better than the first one.
Rated 07 Jan 2023
The Visuals are ofc superb. The story is a mixture of the classic patriarchical family as the smallest atom of the national community and the "nature vs civilization" ecologism of cameron, so very underwhelming. Bonus points for cute whales.
Rated 10 Jan 2023
It is an undeniably stunning movie. From a storytelling perspective it's definitely better than the first one. That being said, if you want me to invest three hours in a movie and by the end I don't feel anything about any of them in dramatic climaxes, your movie was probably too long.
Rated 01 Feb 2023
Your typical 90's action/sci-fi popcorn movie with an hour of Terrence Malick's The Smurfs on the Beach film in the middle.
Rated 05 Feb 2023
Heavy-handed virtue-signalling, a few very stilted actors (some are passable), uninspired story-telling and world-building, and excessive scenes of violence against (alien) animals. I likely will not see the sequels, especially if they are so unnecessarily long. I would've walked out if I weren't with a group.
Rated 19 Apr 2023
I love avatar, but this second movie is way to similar as dynamics to the first one. I was expecting something like a deeper focus on traditions and culture. I hope that for the third one they will change something.
Rated 14 Jul 2023
The first hour should have been cut, it's just a VFX showcase. Nonsense fluff, like a poor writer who's so enamored with his own story he forgets to make it matter to the reader. It's fluff. I'm old. I don't care about fluff anymore. Or writing so bad every major scene needs a Dues Ex Machina. Or false peril. Fire on the water is a fear when you can hold your breath for 30 min? Please. Garbage writing wrapped in VFX. At 1.5x it's within the realm of tolerable.
Rated 03 Oct 2023
An aggressively boring, overlong, 3 hour unskipable cut scene from a videogame where the entire budget was spent on graphic design before anyone thought to write a story. Padded out endlessly with shots of characters swooping about, shouting "WOO!" and generally having a better time than anyone watching. And watching at home, the graphics didn't even look all that good. Finding Nemo is visually more interesting. Just making everything bioluminescent isn't art design.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
I feel the same way about this as I do with the first Avatar. There are beautiful visuals, individually impressive moments, and the occasional splash of spectacular action. Plus, I can’t take for granted any modern blockbuster with this kind of genuine vision and craft. But man, I really don’t care about these stories or characters at all, which means I felt every minute pass during this 3+ hour-long sequel.
Rated 17 Dec 2022
It's fine. No more no less.
Rated 17 Dec 2022
This time i didn't cheer for the genocide, so i guess it's ok.
Rated 17 Dec 2022
Certamente a experiência definitiva de cinema. Senti algumas vezes que o filme "emperrou" na trama, provavelmente pelo fato de lançarem mais dois filmes no futuro, mas mesmo assim, vale a jornada.
Rated 18 Dec 2022
Lets appreciate the breath and depth of the rendering. Lets forget the story, physics etc
Rated 19 Dec 2022
It deserves to be talked about as a top movie of 2022 as a visual spectacle. However. The same linear storytelling isn't made as beautifully. The same antagonist isn't made to be as menacing - and is in fact given a shoehorned reason for even being there (OMG whale brain juice). I like expanding the core characters, but needed more development from them. And while further Pandoran exploration is a great concept... not like this. Not when it feels phony, as an excuse to make another 3-hour movie.
Rated 19 Dec 2022
It's more or less the story of the first one all over again, only spread around more characters and thus messier. It also has around an hour of aimless world building meant clearly only to showcase the special effects and creature design... And boy it is such a visual treat I (almost) never got really bored.
Rated 20 Dec 2022
I wish this thing was better. I love the first one and this one just isn't as good. The effects are the best we have ever seen, but the story isn't that good. Also, this film did not need to be three hours.
Rated 20 Dec 2022
Classic Cameron. Classic Hollywood. Visual and sound quality is excellent but we watched the same pattern of story and characters thousands of times. You know the ending at the first minute. Characters are one-sided, there is no logic at all, of course someone dies, and in the end, good men win. Story-wise, this feels like first Avatar and Titanic put together. So why 70? Because classic Hollywood = 70. You don’t get bored, watch till the end, even enjoy a bit, but that’s it. Nothing special.
Rated 21 Dec 2022
Showed this to my sponge friend when he visited my dome for the first time and he freaked the hell out
+visuals -nothing surprising
Rated 21 Dec 2022
Better and more engaging than the first. But I still feel like I'm watching a (gorgeous) computer game more than a movie
Rated 21 Dec 2022
This time it's personal! (: For real, I liked how the scope isn't necessarily bigger, stakes aren't higher for the sake of the sequel but how it's more character focused and to the point and loved how immersive and captivating the general experience, even more fascinating than the the first one! But i wasn't sold on some far-fetched choices at the beginning and felt let down by the reiterative, fairly standard general narrative of the Way of Water..
Rated 22 Dec 2022
Bro, c'mon, I can't believe Avatar has five writers with this basic "white dude is better at being native than the natives" rehash. Bro/cuz, this dialogue bro, the story is just 5/10 for annoying kids. But bro,c'mon, thank Eywa it's 10/10 for visuals. Jimmy is still very good at mech suits and military hardware too.
Rated 23 Dec 2022
Avatar was still the top notch animation you cannot imagine. The best you can get with that kind of money. There was no compromises. So, you have to see it in 3D in IMAX theatre. But 3D cannot hid the lame storytelling. Revenge and that's it. Zoe Saldana was again in her best above all thought. But this was a total escapism for the best!
Rated 24 Dec 2022
2022'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 333. Avatar: The Way of Water (2022) En büyük perdeli ve ses sistemli salonda izlenmeli. #JamesCameron yine yapmış! İlk filmi sevdiyseniz bu filmi de çok seveceksiniz. 8/10
Rated 26 Dec 2022
Visually a beautiful movie, with stunning CGI and environments. Cameron and the crew are really pushing the boundaries. Story-wise, it's nothing special, predictable at times and cliched. I think the run time of 3 hours and 12 min could be reduced to about 2 hours and 30, if not less. Some of the "Blue Planet" scenes with the whale were too much.
Rated 27 Dec 2022
The budget of this one delivered spectacular effects. The story was cheesy often and run time around 25 minutes too long but a lot of good action and entertainment satisfied me.
Rated 27 Dec 2022
sorry Criticker I know this is cheating on you but I say how I feel about it at length here: https://boxd.it/3AQwBb
Rated 28 Dec 2022
I don’t think Cameron has ever been known for his creative storytelling. He’s more of a concept man—bringing new and wild worlds to the big screen. But it’s important to remember he’s not a bad writer either. This script is long but succinct and it does a consistently good job of pushing stakes in an organic manner. And it’s wonderful to experience Pandora again, to experience another Cameron adventure, because the man is truly talented at what he does.
Rated 28 Dec 2022
I was expecting stunning visuals, yet this film still surprised me. Maybe it was the Imax 3D, or James Cameron slowly mastering this new craft. The result is mesmerizing, from the beauty of the aquatic life, to the camera movements and seemless 3D integration that makes it all feel even more alive than last time. Unfortunately the plot didn't work for me, especially the fact that Sully tries to avoid during 3h a fight he knows is unavoidable. Still, looking forward to the next installment
Rated 31 Dec 2022
Watchable. Good visual effects, but narratively lazy (introducing the forest Na'vi to the "Way of Water" reuses the identical storyline as in the first movie). Overall, the storyline was highly predictable, lacked originality, and was not compelling.
Rated 31 Dec 2022
Viewed in IMAX 3D. A visual triumph. James Cameron and team created an incredibility immersive world in every frame. Cameron’s knack for action was fully present, but the quieter moments observing the creatures of this other world were my favorite.
Rated 31 Dec 2022
A visual spectacle to see on the big screen, but the movie also had plenty to say about about family relationships and human behaviour in general. It did feel a little over blown in places.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
Avatar: Way of Water is true to its namesake in that it most certainly is retreading water (and has enough water sequences to make even Jaws himself blush), a wholly checklist-type Hollywood film. For anyone that wishes to marvel at technological advancement, this film is the ideal choice - painstaking effort has is evident throughout. The new characters are fun additions, albeit weirdly high-school-ified. The plot has MAJOR issues, mostly seen with hindsight, so doesn't detract too much.
Rated 01 Jan 2023
Technically fascinating but narratively middling.
Rated 02 Jan 2023
The generic story structure combined with bad child acting left me feeling disconnected from the film, bruh.
Rated 02 Jan 2023
spectacular visuals, awful dialogue, generic plot, massively overlong.
Rated 03 Jan 2023
From a story and character perspective, this is better than "Avatar", but not great. Cameron has a more compelling and multi-layered plot here, and I frequently admired his commitment to old fashioned adventure, but really ... there's not enough here to warrant the really punishingly long runtime. Especially during the climax where it just seemed to refuse to end, I became a bit fed up and wanted out of Cameron's world long before he was prepared to let me go.
Rated 03 Jan 2023
Though obviously a technical-marvel, it is hard to rate highly a film that by the end unintentionally makes you root for the bad guys! Like the first film, Cameron's story is a polished up Cowboys-and-Indians story with some pretty animalistic depictions of the erstwhile Native Americans. The camaraderie amongst the invading humans ring true, the snarls from the Na'vi did not. A climactic scene at the end on a sinking craft and a pissed off Na'vi was the highlight of the film. Expected PSI: 82
Rated 04 Jan 2023
audiovisual been to 4d but the movie was so flat.. 40 acting 65 overall feeling 45 avg 50
Rated 05 Jan 2023
Visually stunning as expected. Lots of action and a decent plot, but although over 3 hours, it did lack some character development and emotion (for me).
Rated 08 Jan 2023
These days, a story is only considered noteworthy when it "deconstructs" something, i.e. creates cheap fluff that a 40-year old cat lady would nod along with. Ironically, that makes a family-oriented story with a stern but loving father somewhat subversive. The characters have depth, each lovable in their own way. Cameron even managed to create a charismatic heroine that is more than a mere mockery of a man. As expected, the visuals are stunning, but we knew that already.
Rated 08 Jan 2023
Go see it on a big screen expecting some beautiful visuals, and you will be pleased. It is a really beautiful movie. Don't go expecting a meaningful story with strong characters - that is not what this is about.
Rated 09 Jan 2023
As expected, this movie was very well crafted with an immense attention to detail. Watching in IMAX is the only way to go! While I laude the character development of the Na'vi, I found the actual plot to be somewhat simplistic compared to the first film. Sully is running from the general, even if he's a clone the character is barely any different. There was a lot of potential there, akin to a"I'm not the same man I came from" thread, but he might as well have been an Avatar instead of a clone.
Rated 09 Jan 2023
Visual storytelling at its finest.
Rated 10 Jan 2023
Visually incredible, absolutely cliche story and the most paper-thin character dynamics

Directed by: