Justice League
Justice-League-2017

Justice League

2017
Sci-fi, Fantasy
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduNetflixMicrosoft Store
TNT
TBS
tru TV
Netflix basic with Ads
Max Amazon Channel
Max

"Tell me ... do you get bored? You will." Once again we are shown Aquaman cannot be made cool. He does a big macho show off to batman then gingerly backstrokes away. Some Canadian rock band named villain literally no one but super autists care about threatens to destroy the world but only a few people in Russia are kinda effected by this an-NO ONE CARES This felt like a lot was taken out but there was still way too much left in. I finally get to see all these characters and they fight CGI bugs.
A schizophrenic yet by-the-numbers affair that has all the emotional depth of smashing action figures together. So obviously forced into a mold by a committee in damage control mode that it's hard not to be distracted with all the obviously reshot scenes (so many dialogue close-ups), annoyed by the male-gazeyness of the Amazons or bored by the badly edited, ugly CGI action. Batman comes off as a chump and the desperate attempts to make Aquaman cool are hilarious to me.
I had a decent time. That doesnt go without saying there are some flaws. Some of the CGI was noticeably weak, and I also found the whole cube plot to be a little silly. The humor doesn't always work, but when it does, it's due to the chemistry between the cast. I would say they drive the film and make it watchable. Editing my review in 2021 - Zack Snyder’s version makes this look like a bit of a tonal, inconsistent mess. It’s not terrible, but it’s very crammed and rushed.
We did it, we the internet critics won. We criticized the prior DCEU movies to such a degree that they just decided to stop trying to be unique, and they just made a generic family-friendly Marvel movie.
I've been to a film festival these last days, watching movies based on their title alone. Man, that took me places; From Brasilian body horror to Iranian social satire. If you went in totally blank, you'd still be able to predict every single beat of 'Justice League'. There is no joy of storytelling, no will to try new things or play around with the silly ensemble of dated superheroes. 'Justice League' is a juggler fighting to keep the balls in the air until the next act is ready. Depressing.

Submitted bydjrossdjross on 20 Oct 2017