X-Men: Days of Future Past

2014
Sci-fi
Fantasy

Rated 26 May 2014
The story is really compelling and is definitely one of the best X-Men movie to date. I really liked the way it doesnt ignore the previous films and weaves in and out and brings all of the stories together. It was great to see past characters come back but I wish Quicksilver had a bigger part to play because those sequences were probably the best moments. Im really interested to see where they go next and hope they can keep up this momentum but this one will be hard to top!
Rated 22 Sep 2018
R - For me, this is the greatest comic book adaptation and superhero film, apart from V For Vendetta. It really has the feel of a nutty comic story, retcons, multiple timelines, even crossovers - albeit with versions of itself. It's a time travel film that gets away with slight references to Terminator and Groundhog Day. A perfect antidote to super-serious super-hero films.
Rated 22 Jun 2014
Any movie where Richard Nixon is portrayed as a heroic soul who can change into a sexy blue chick and be at two places at once is a film that is not only historically accurate but a film that will always be dear to my heart. Instant Classic.
Rated 29 Jun 2014
Very very good movie. One of the best of the X men series. highly recommend
Rated 06 Jun 2014
Arguably the best one in the series to date. Loved the way it incorporated so much back story into so many characters. However, there are a few minor details that fail to line up with the other movies and comics.
Rated 04 Aug 2014
My top superhero film of the summer. I was worried at the number of characters that were being placed in this film, but Singer managed everything incredibly well. The plot is filled with many twists and turns, and one character in particular serves as quite the highlight early into the film. Much of my enjoyment comes from the fact that I have grown up with many of these characters, and in many ways, this is a kind of culminating act for the franchise that will usher in an entirely new dynam
Rated 16 Jul 2014
Overall, the film successfully met the expectations of the audience with decent CG effects and infused several interesting new elements into the mainstream action movies. Aside from occasional action cliches and questionable actions taken by the characters, the movie failed to establish a solid theory of time and space. Shouldn't people exist in a separate parallel universe if the history has been rewritten? If not, why should we care for any of the characters if wolverine can undo the future?
Rated 24 Oct 2014
The ending is a bit too overdone. Otherwise it's stunning enough to make it to the must-watch list.
Rated 01 Feb 2016
Pretty awesome action movie. I very much enjoyed this movie.
Rated 14 Oct 2014
Original rating 76. Rewatching 2 years later was what cemented a solid 88 rating. The storyline is very creative, adaptive, refreshing, and complex. I urge fans of this genre to rewatch and rate again. It's a standout of all the other Xmen movies and superhero related films.
Rated 26 May 2014
I loved the use of time travel in this narrative - first time I saw it used in this way. Movie was a fun ride.
Rated 01 Jun 2014
As good as it gets for Marvel summer blockbusters I guess, solid but nothing particularly unique or exciting. Pretty well constructed but it does follow a lot of simultaneous threads to the point of distraction. I may have missed some of the finer points because I'm not familiar with the lore.
Rated 22 Dec 2015
By bridging the past and present of the X-Men series, the movie achieves a certain kind of gravitas rarely found in the genre.
Rated 29 May 2014
Great movie, absolutely the best movie of x-men series
Rated 26 Oct 2014
It's very hard to argue with a film that, during the course of its plot, retcons X3 entirely out of existence. This film ties the story of X-Men: First Class into the storyline set out by the original X-Men trilogy, putting things into place for further films in the franchise that won't disappoint or offend. A great adaptation of a classic comic plotline, the variations aren't too drastic and make sense in context. The newer cast do well and it's nice to see cameos from the original roster.
Rated 24 Sep 2018
This is probably the best x people movie so far. It had one perfect QuickSilver scene, some personality to its characters, I remember something was even funny, can't remember what that was though. And this opinion still stands despite the fact that this movie just beats you bloody with all the time travel, bleak and useless scenes of the future, clichéd ending, same boring morals same one sided characters like Wolverine's fists again and again and again showing no mercy whatsoever.
Rated 08 Jun 2022
It has unforgivable continuity issues, but I still love it.
Rated 01 May 2022
X men gays of kiss my ass was actually quite good
Rated 16 Mar 2020
Not bad! Not bad. Not great either. I liked Magneto.
Rated 03 Feb 2024
There is just too much going on in this movie. I enjoyed the ride of it, but it was a lot. The time travel, the plot in the past to stop the sentinel program, and the future that just liked showing how certain mutants died. Personally I think it would have been better to minimize the future parts and focus more on developing the story. The movie also has a boatload of continuity issues which doesn't help things. It was bad like The Last Stand, but had issues.
Rated 15 Jul 2021
One cool scene, nothing else worth mentioning
Rated 25 May 2014
this is a very average movie...meh.
Rated 09 Apr 2022
The best X-Men movie ever made, by far.