Fantastic Mr. Fox

Fantastic Mr. Fox

2009
Family/Kids

Rated 05 Jan 2010
had to tie a handkerchief round my jaw in order to keep it closed. Feels as if my eyes got laid.
Rated 25 Jan 2010
Another great film from Wes Anderson, full of his usual quirks and witty, intelligent dialogue. Interesting animation and a great cast.
Rated 23 Feb 2011
Fantastic... More auteurs should indulge in animation (Not you, Tim, go cry in a fuckin' corner!). I definitely want to see a Cronenberg or John Woo stop motion before they die of supernatural causes.
Rated 16 Jan 2010
Wes Anderson! Great cast! Amazing stop motion! Orgasm!
Rated 28 May 2010
Loved it! The animation, voices, characters, and plot were all very enjoyable. Definitely got a few laughs too.
Rated 23 Sep 2011
Good but not overly.
Rated 23 Apr 2015
I absolutely loved this movie. Everything about it.
Rated 02 Jan 2021
A well-made and just beautiful movie.
Rated 06 Jul 2020
A mostly enjoyable retelling of Dahl's book in which Anderson manages (quite impressively it must be said) to transfer his distinctive film style from live-action to animation (in collaboration with Henry Selick).
Rated 02 Feb 2022
In less then 90 minutes Wes Anderson sum up his style creating a rare diamond made of stop animated personages with tons of characterization and remarkable musics. His direction is widely recognizable but never intrusive or distracting. A must watch for every cinema lover
Rated 18 Dec 2011
It was fantastic.
Rated 26 Aug 2023
Best from West Amsterdam
Rated 06 May 2013
Awesome stop motion
Rated 10 Mar 2010
Yes! Hilarious! Loved it! Great voice casting .
Rated 03 May 2010
Fant√°stico.
Rated 30 Dec 2010
cussing awesome
Rated 10 Apr 2010
Beautifully animated, wonderfully written, and absolutely entrancing. Fantastic Mr. Fox is most likely the best animated stop-motion I've seen, plot-wise, character-wise, and animation-wise, and that includes the bizarre and beautiful works of Jan Svankmajer. What's here is a touching family story, deep insight into the functions of obsession and pride, and each and every one of the characters respond to these dilemmas so naturally you'd think this was a Herzog character study. In my tops.
Rated 16 Jul 2011
Greatm stop-motion, and Jarvis is good too
Rated 21 Jan 2010
Quirky and enjoyable
Rated 08 Mar 2015
Epic!
Rated 19 Jan 2013
Fun, cute, whimsical, funny... Wes Anderson-y; Clooney is not a good voice actor, his performance was stiff; beautifully animated with meticulous attention to detail
Rated 08 May 2012
i liked the fact that the characters are flawed yet sympathetic, in keeping with wes anderson's style. the comedy worked for me. and, in case my wes anderson ranking has bearing for you, here it is: 1 rushmore 2 royal tennebaums 3 life aquatic, bottle rocket (tied) 4 darjeeling (strongly disliked)
Rated 24 Jun 2023
(predictive landed right on the money with this'un) one of anderson's richest cinematic treats
Rated 10 Apr 2010
Never expected to like this, after the awful Darjeeling Express. But it's marvelous; with all the energy that overfilled Anderson's first three films without the human constraints, he swims in tangible whimsy the whole way through. Gives every indication of having been created just for fun, by all involved.
Rated 17 Aug 2023
Rated 28 Jul 2019
how did they made this? looks great. i like recognizing director's style even in an animation. i like the characters. The plot isn't the most entertaining or interesting one.
Rated 12 Feb 2010
Great movie, it really surprised me. Wes Anderson's movie is frantically paced, often inspired and hilarious and jam packed with charming characters all brilliantly performed.
Rated 14 Jun 2010
I've never seen any Wes Anderson films but this makes me want to watch some more of his filmography. George Clooney is great in this movie.
Rated 14 Sep 2015
Fantastic!
Rated 26 Feb 2022
Even George Clooney's voice is incredibly charming, adding a the appropriate amount of roguish personality to Mr. Fox's (fairly criminal) exploits. I don't think the prominent themes of maturing into parental responsibility are going to register with the pre-teen section of the audience even though the execution is magnificent. The animation is impressive and makes the other elements of the film even more exceptional.
Rated 11 Feb 2024
what the cuss >:(
Rated 28 Apr 2021
another masterpiece of Wes Anderson.
Rated 19 Jan 2010
I haven't seen a lot of Wes Anderson's films, but this one really makes me wanna change that
Rated 17 Mar 2011
Lovely film! Suits almost all ages, and has a lot of humour for adults aswell. Great story, and love the visual feeling of the film.
Rated 23 May 2010
Criminally overlooked. So much fun.
Rated 16 Jan 2013
Nice animation. The script was written so that the story could be enjoyed on more than one level. I enjoyed it.
Rated 28 Sep 2015
You know how the best kids' films have the sly nods and jokes that go over the kids' heads, but make the parents crack up? This feels like a film based entirely on doing that, and forgetting the bit where it's meant to be for kids. Entirely too smug.
Rated 21 Oct 2020
i can literally watch this any day and it'll make me smile
Rated 19 Jan 2019
So delightfully weird and random.
Rated 20 Jan 2010
Witty, cute, stylish, fun.
Rated 16 Oct 2020
As a child this movie terrified me. Now, it's charm comforts me.
Rated 22 Jul 2023
A good kid movie with lacking in depth for an adult audience. I still liked it. Loved the visuals too.
Rated 04 Aug 2010
Motivational Movie.
Rated 14 Nov 2010
You cussing with me? This animation is different in looks, nonetheless free and and beautiful, intelligent - how 'bout theme from 'A Few Dollars More' - witty dialogs, superb voice acting - every character counts, fitting music, you name it. But there is more: fast paced action but not lost in it, Clooney as Mr. Fox, that's just so his role, and Streep as Mrs. Fox - even better. I just wished it had a slightly different ending and more of 'Who am I, Kylie' (LotR, huh) scenes. Cussing good!
Rated 07 Mar 2010
Excellent from minute one to the end. Quirky, great animation, dry humor.
Rated 12 Nov 2017
An OCD director using a medium of art which complements his perfectionist detailing behaviour, this stop motion flick is somehow entrancing.
Rated 01 Dec 2011
I thought this was really funny. I was stoned as hell at the time though. It was also really pretty.