0 rankings

Blade Runner 2049 ()

Your Rating

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Blade Runner 2049 belongs to 24 collections
1. boobs (public: moderated by Pickpocket - 41 stars)
2. Full Female Frontal Nudity (Yes, Bush!) (public: moderated by iceblox - 17 stars)
3. List: Empire's five star movies (public: moderated by KasperL - 14 stars)
4. Future (public: moderated by djross - 10 stars)
5. Best of criticker: Sci-fi (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 8 stars)
6. Sequel (public: moderated by td888 - 6 stars)
7. Best of criticker: Suspense / Thriller (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 5 stars)
8. Robots and AI (your public collection - 3 stars) | remove from collection
9. Belated sequel (public: moderated by djross - 2 stars)
10. Hans Zimmer (composer) (public: moderated by nauru - 1 star)
11. Better Sequels (public: moderated by amazedemon - 1 star)
12. Best of criticker: 2017 (public: moderated by avgcrtckr - 1 star)
13. Blade Runner (public: moderated by djross)
14. Big-time Hollywood science fiction (private: djross - 7 stars)
15. To See (private: Unsaintly)
16. Curzon Ripon (private: mandy)
17. jeff_h's films to remember (private: jeff_h)
18. 2017 (private: sproost)
19. 2017: Theatrical Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
20. 2017: Complete Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
21. Best of 2017 (private: mg7film)
22. 2017 Films to Watch (private: kendell)
23. skprod - Movies to Watch (private: skprod)
24. My friends should see (private: hyrras)
Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Oct 18 LEAVES
74T10
Oct 18 brickwall brickwall
83T9
I don't much care for the original, this is streets ahead. At times feels a little overlong and/or wandering but is always visually arresting. I don't think the theater I was in could handle the POWAH of the musical score as the room was shaking constantly and the lighting fixtures rattled so loudly they sounded like they were going to pop off the walls and break.
Oct 18 aqamal
Oct 18 baristoker baristoker
Oct 18 andr
Oct 18 zoink zoink
70T8
I enjoyed it more than the first one. Still a slow burn, and very much in the style as the predecessor, but not nearly as weird.
Oct 18 cwcwcwcw
Oct 18 Zarkon Zarkon
85T8
Blade Runner 2049 makes few compromises when it comes to execution, but much of it serves to highlight just how groundbreaking the original Blade Runner was.
Oct 18 abesempire
40T1
Oct 17 omeraksy omeraksy
Oct 17 creaglu creaglu
70T5
Gorgeous to look at, but very little to get excited about beyond that. A succession of throwaway peripheral characters and set-pieces that take too long to materialise combine for an overlong film with little sense of where it's going for the most part.
Oct 17 RealMacgyver RealMacgyver
Oct 17 CHIMP CHIMP
65T4
Oct 17 amazedemon amazedemon
67T8
Blade Runner 2049 edges away from the cyberpunk, neo-noir style that made its predecessor a cult classic, and aesthetically embraces more classical sci-fi. Yet the film maintains the heightened tension and mysterious air making it a worthy sequel. Villeneuve direction is deliberate, even if at times it may feel slow. Gosling delivers a stellar performance. However, the simplicity of the plot and affirming that androids do dream of electric sheep in the first act, will diminish the re-watch.
Oct 17 Joe_Deering Joe Deering
Oct 17 sapostolou
89T8
Oct 17 mkdaun
Oct 17 TheEscapist TheEscapist
82T10
Good, very good. A great technical marvel, and the performances were good. The script in the end feels a bit too predictable or simplistic at times, but for most of the duration of this film it kept me at the edge of my seat. Did not mind the running time, in fact, I think it would have been better if it was longer to flesh out the story and characters more. (Audio)visually beautiful, great atmosphere. Has its own style rather than copy the original. It did feel a bit artificial at times.
Oct 17 Jarmom Jarmom
Oct 17 mhouska12 mhouska12
7T7
The entirety of Jared Leo's character was unnecessary. With out him K would have still gone searching for the child, then searching for answers about himself and run into Deckard. The score is at times great and vast, and at times inappropriately so.like when K finds the wooden horse and there are two minutes of goddamn horns blaring. Heavily orange and blue, blatantly aggravated water with the struggles of life, and stillness when Leto's henchwoman is strangled and drown to death as a robot.
Oct 16 batui
Oct 16 jonjj7
Oct 16 Shadrik Shadrik
Oct 16 evrana evrana
91T10
The movie strikes a perfect balance between being original and paying tribute (unlike, say Star Wars movies for example). They evolved the Blade Runner setting impressively and set out a convincing, strong story. Visually it was pretty special together with all-around excellent acting and a great variation of the instrumental soundtrack of the original. I found the presence of Ford a bit superfluous but it was not that much of a drag. I think we can trust Villeneuve even with Clockwork Orange 2.
Oct 16 Tunsieon
65T6
Oct 16 zairakas zairakas
Oct 16 IeuanDP IeuanDP
74T7
Probably bumped due to some of the aesthetic continuity, but the script and spoon-fed narrative made it painful to watch at times. Jared Leto playing a stock jrpg antagonist was especially bad. It doesn't come close to capturing the moody, melancholy atmosphere of the original either - too much twee, too much foghorn.
Oct 16 Hoodar Hoodar
Oct 16 admin buttercup
Oct 16 Enoki Enoki
Oct 16 ephedrin ephedrin
90T10
Perfect combo. Orginal scripting, perfect directing and perfect acting. One of the best sequel of all time.
Oct 16 legolas10 legolas10
Oct 15 lessismore lessismore
86T9
Oct 15 Judo_Koala Judo Koala
85T9
A clumsy melodramatic romance B-plot and moments of existentialist on-the-nose-ness hold this Fantastic sequel to one of my dear favourites just short of True Greatness. Is this the best craftwork Zimmer and Deakins have ever produced? Yeah. Yeah, I think it just might be. Visually & aurally overwhelming in a theatre setting in every single best sense of the word.
Oct 15 filmguy
65T6
Oct 15 heyimdylan moss piglet
7T9
Oct 15 Methouse Methouse
78T7
Oct 15 Hofschneider Hofschneider
92T10
And, after all this, all the ruins, the best threesome in movie history, all the waste, all the masculinity gone wrong, all the winks at the prequel that are simultaneously an act of emancipation, after all those 3 hours of pure cinema: the rain turns into snow. And Villeneuve can even find hope in climate change. Without being naive. He is doing this just with a heart and and absurd amount of craftsmanship.
Oct 15 Dufftone
Oct 15 Sabamov Sabamov
Oct 15 Murray Murray
Oct 15 mattorama12 mattorama12
84T10
The rare sequel that retains what made the original great, while improving on the areas that needed improving. It's got the same moodiness, out-of-this-world visuals, and thoughtful ideas about what makes us human. But it really improved on story and pacing (though pacing was still a minor issue). Best of all, it took the now common trope of humans questioning their own humanity and flipped it on its head in a way that felt like the perfect extension of the ideas in the original.
Oct 15 sinefilcocuk
Oct 15 mvsilva
81T7
Oct 15 CMonster CMonster
90T10
"You're one of those guys that doesn't like real girls." Fuckin' weeb. But seriously, I'd get a virtual girlfriend if she called prostitutes for me. Also, another Villeneuve movie with some of the best sound design/mixing/editing I've ever heard.
Oct 15 VN1X VN1X
74T7
Oct 15 cke cke
Oct 15 snogs snogs
80T9
This story is dedicated to all those cyberpunks who fight against injustice and corruption every day of their lives.
Oct 14 Stradivarius Stradivarius
Oct 14 Iridaceae Iridaceae
Oct 14 Emir_Han Emir Han
Oct 14 Detox Detox
78T6
Probably the best disappointing movie ever. It's not nearly as visionary as the original and feels like a compromise between atmosphere and story and the way the story is told is off the rack. Furthermore the soundtrack and the product placement sucked. But I liked the politics. Wright talks about building walls to keep the order up but of course this goes hand in hand with the practice of Othering and the first film and real live taught us that the others might no be so different after all.
Oct 14 Polygonized Polygonized
Oct 13 TheSaberfool TheSaberfool
78T9
Oct 13 BionicNinjas BionicNinjas
100T10
The rare sequel that justifies its existence not on the back of its source material but on its own ideas and execution, 2049 is a fascinating continuation of a sci-fi classic and a near-perfect example of how style and substance are sometimes one and the same.
Oct 13 Mento Mento
Oct 13 Greener
Oct 13 Alucard979
95T9
Oct 13 mzgan
Oct 13 sosadetz
Oct 13 Obdurate Obdurate
75T5
A film with two identities: technically it is a marvel. Villeneuve did what he does, making the most beautiful film of the year (an unsung hero is Deakins, the cinematographer); great usage of sound. Good performances. But it's kind of where I feared Denis might end up; it's contemplative and slow (as usual), he generally does that but this is a little ponderous at times. Doesn't really earn the length, a little tedious, Leto stinks. Great beginning. Liked the movie, didn't love it.
Oct 13 psim psim
Oct 13 Jonrock411
10T10
Oct 13 TheRealJ_Ro TheRealJ-Ro
80T7
I'm glad I invested another watch of this. I still don't love it, but I like it more now. I deeply respect what the film is. It still struggles to make an emotional connection, despite its best efforts. It's such a beautiful movie; a display of technical mastery. I'm so glad Denis accomplished what he did with this. There's so much about it to like, and you should see it. I just didn't love it. Also, I'm not a Leto hater - but his role as exposition fairy kind of took me out of those key scenes.
Oct 12 DocJ
87T9
Oct 12 Rems
Oct 12 Bircaniscan Bircaniscan
79T7
I have issues with the script. Some key questions are still unanswered. Contrary to the first movie, it has no meaningfull aphorism. It was another disappointment that they demolished the promising characters who could shine. Nevertheless, this movie is a visually perfectness and this fact makes it attractive. So we should appreciate Roger Deakins and the talented Denis Villeneuve for increasing the value of this work.
Oct 12 lpelliott lpelliott
99T10
You can listen to my in-depth review of this movie by searching "Ink to Film" on your podcast player of choice and downloading episode 10. Short version: I am in love with this film.
Oct 12 mfkocaaslan m_fkocaaslan
Oct 12 ozgurcagdas ozgurcagdas
76T6
Oct 12 JackRyan2014 JackRyan2014
90T10
One of the rare decades-later sequel that is a success, BR2049 expands upon the original but also works as a standalone movie. It is uniformly well acted, looks fantastic and has an in-your-face overbearing soundtrack that I liked. The overall story is ambiguous and thought provoking and doesn't give all the answers you want, but it does have a satisfying ending. Minimal but effective use of Harrison Ford as Deckard. My main criticisms are that the pacing is languid and it feels bloated at times
Oct 12 Grouchy Grouchy
Oct 12 pier
Oct 12 Paprika Paprika
Oct 12 oKoReli bojanpopic
95T10
I'm not the fan of the original, but this is a masterpiece. It's beautiful, deep and entertaining. Even Ryan Gosling fit in place, and I usually skip movies with him. Will watch again.
Oct 12 Corganist
78T8
Oct 12 schrutie
86T8
Oct 12 Dunder74 Dunder74
8T9
two viewings so good! so relieved! vast and bleak in story and picture, both presented tightly, without waste, despite the running time. gosling, wright, ford, and leto excel but de armas and hoeks steal the show. no cheese anywhere to be found, only sincerity and craftsmanship. score pushes at times weak, or at least uninteresting, sequences to their very best, but ultimately there is a taste for more. lacks a thorough identity. fight/water scene is unforgettable. i fall in love each time.
Oct 11 kastenm kastenm
89T10
Oct 11 senolatnap
75T6
Oct 11 PetrosTser PetrosTser
70T6
A stunning masterpiece of photography and special FX. Static frames, low-key scenes, loud action - virtually every shot is priceless, perfectly conceived and executed, as is the music. The script is very well-written too, although at almost 3 hours one does get the feeling of "style over substance" here and there. For better or worse, this is clearly a different "Blade Runner": very slow-burning, with only a handful of (orgasmic) action scenes among the constant atmosphere and intriguing story.
Oct 11 shotton25 shotton25
80T9
Can't go wrong with Ryan Gosling staring at things.
Oct 11 hsncomert hsncomert
60T6
Oct 11 backwardsuit backwardsuit
72T5
I love Blade Runner. This is a respectful & finely crafted loveletter to it. Takes great care in conjuring amazing audiovisual homages to it but lacks both stylistic & character nuance that gave it depth. There were so many creative visions, contradictory yet complementary behind the original it became immune to simplification & overstatement. This is the opposite & feels like a very very good fan film. Weirdly enough Wong's 2046 is a better Blade Runner sequel than Villeneuve's 2049.
Oct 11 ACMutd ACMutd
Oct 11 Deadmarsh Deadmarsh
Oct 11 Beer94 Beer94
82T9
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Had qualms about a lack of a good plot backbone in the first one (which I watched recently before watching this and I think that helped) and then this one delivered on that front. It’s fascinating both visually and thematically and it has some great moments peppered throughout. It was a teensy bit long and the little voiceover reminders etc. annoyed me a tad but very impressed overall.
Oct 11 PaulB1 PaulB1
93T9
Oct 11 schnofel schnofel
84T10
Compared to the comfortable moody jazziness of the original this is dark minimal techno - which will get you going once in a while but won't haunt you forever. What does though is the inversion of the idea of The One - a realization that you are not special in this world, and that still there is beauty.
Oct 11 Mr.Blumfeld
Oct 11 micmac micmac•
78T9
Oct 11 cangogs
75T6
Oct 11 Lightning17
82T10
Epic and visually stunning, 2049 is lengthy masterful sci-fi work that captures your attention and holds it for the entire runtime, especially if you are a fan of the original.
Oct 11 Skrabbles Skrabbles
80T9
Beautiful looking film with bags of atmosphere. Unfortunately the story lacks punch and doesn't warrant the near 3 hour run time. Really wanted to love this but it loses steam towards the end.
Oct 11 LionelFusco
Oct 11 Noel74
86T5
Oct 11 Sweekoden Sweekoden
83T9
Nowhere near its predecessor visually or aurally, and the characters also aren't as gripping. Good film in its own right, though, with its own interesting philosophical musings. Did it need former WWE champion Dave Batista's line to be flashed back to on two separate occasions? S'not an anime; we got the implication the first time. Really didn't love the direction much. Upping rating from 81 because it's stuck with me. Wish the emotional moments had resonated with me.
Oct 11 tliu9
Oct 11 gnhIvT
Oct 10 fletch
Oct 10 ribcage ribcage
70T6
Visually stark and raw, occassionally loud and noisy like the 1st but gorgeous always. Sound and score spot on. Gosling nails it, brings immense power when needed... Has the pace of tarkovsky so watch out. Ponderous is the word. Have a few nitpicks with story points esp in connecting it to the 1st, also not convinced it has a philosophy anywhere near as intriguing. Hoeks plays a 007 henchman "bad dog" uttered as the worst line of the movie. Leto..well it must've looked good on paper.
Oct 10 fenixdown fenixdown
82T8
An atmospheric sci-fi epic that does well in avoiding being a retread.
Oct 10 shlebede shlebede