Blade Runner 2049
Blade-Runner-2049

Blade Runner 2049

2017
Drama, Sci-fi
Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years. (imdb)
Franchise: Blade Runner
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreAMC on Demand

Dry and bold, how I like my sci-fi. I want to walk around in a sweaty leather duster with the collar popped up like a blade runner and just be totally hounded and made fun of while listening to that score to protect me. Jared Leto fucked several appliances to get into the mind of his gimmicky character.
Daddy Issues: A Harrison Ford Saga. Jared Leto is to method acting what my dad is to parenting. Ryan Gosling wins an Oscar for mastering the Kuleshov effect. Do Androids Dream of Electric Boogaloo?
I loved, loved, loved the first scene, and I thought that Villeneuve's direction was more than able to sustain the leisurely pacing throughout. Moreover, Gosling was quite perfectly cast, as was Armas. However, the scenes with Leto and those with and pertaining to Ford's character I wasn't very happy with, and I found the script rather underwhelming as a whole. Nonetheless, it's a movie I can see myself rewatching repeatedly in order to soak up it's atmosphere and delicious visuals.
Probably one of the best sci/fis of the 2010s, and one of the best sequels ever made. Gosling is truly magnetic and made for the role, and I would argue that the whole cast is pretty superb. Beautiful cinematography, amazing visual effects and production design, good directing, and good writing. Everything that was done so well about the first installment is done just as well here, and in the end, this recaptures the feel of the original very well. Definitely one of this years best.
An obvious labor of love from Villeneuve. Really one of the most faithful sequels in spirit since Aliens or maybe Transformers: Dark of the Moon which used meticulous effort to maintain the thoroughly exasperating nature as the previous entries. Between this and Sicario I desperately want Denis to shelve his Dune project long enough to put out a film adaptation of the SNES game Shadowrun.

Submitted byecrE.C.R. on 12 Aug 2017