2021
Drama, Sci-fi
Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path.
Directed by:
Written by:
Starring:
Franchise:
A Quiet Place

2021
Drama, Sci-fi

Rated 01 Jun 2021
I for one really enjoyed the movie and thought it was just as good, if not better, than the first. While not quite as emotionally resonating, it still has heart and it's very character driven, which is what makes this franchise as good as it is in my opinion. I do love the monster stuff and the scares and editing though. Very intense, really well acted and edited, and almost masterfully directed. The intro is incredible too. I honestly wouldn't mind another one!
Rated 17 Dec 2021
A little bit more enjoyable than the first, but that's probably an unshared opinion. This one has a tad more monsters and killing, which is basically the only reason I wanted to watch it anyway, except for Emily Blunt. Krasinski can stuff his hot wife in any movie and I'll be there to watch it...I didn't mean it like that, you dirty bastard.
Rated 13 Jun 2021
Very well put together- I really enjoyed this - first trip to cinema since the pandemic- and it seemed more relevant in many ways than the first- still keeps that intense feeling.
Rated 20 Jun 2021
I think a strength of this film is that it felt fresh despite not branching out too much. It continued the story of the first extremely well and in my opinion wraps it all up. All the acting is great, especially from the two kid actors Simmonds and Jupe. I hope they end it here.
Rated 16 Jul 2021
No it's not like the ending of Mars Attacks! I wonder how stupid this shoeless family felt when Cillian came swinging in with boots on.
Rated 21 Jun 2021
Very similar to the first one, though not in a bad way. Very suspenseful thriller that adds just enough to not be a pointless rehash. I fully expect to see part 3
Rated 27 Jul 2021
Before this started, there was an intro with Krasinski thanking me personally for seeing this in the theatre. I felt touched. After spending so much of the Pandemic unable to get a haircut, I was amazed with how good the family looked despite having access to nothing. Drop the skincare routine! There were a lot of tense moments in this, however, it felt empty. I had no investment in the human story this film was telling. Maybe I am just a cold, emotionless robot.
Rated 01 Jun 2021
There are some extensive bravura sequences of directorial excellence here, including the incredible opening as well as a thrilling three-way-cross-cut sequence late in the film. It's absolutely exemplary genre filmmaking. There's some fairness to the criticism Krasinski faced previously about being too much of a crowd-pleaser to take any genuine risks. But then again, many of those people say the same thing about Spielberg, and I guarantee none of them get invited to parties.
Rated 17 Jun 2021
Someone thought this idiotic premise needed another treatment. Absent Emily Blunt and it would be just another heaping pile of Hollywood garbage. If a dame with a shotgun can kill one, then the military would make short work of the entire invading force. This is proof that Emily Blunt can make even the worst piece of garbage worthwhile. But FFS why not make something truly great instead? Cash grab!
Rated 20 Jun 2021
With its world and premise now clearly established, Krasinski takes the liberty of introducing us with new characters while building upon what already worked rather swingingly in its predecessor, most notably, its ingenious and challenging use of sound and image that makes for some truly tense and gripping sequences, the opening sequence of which is worth the price of admission alone. Krasinski should've really been considered to direct The Last of Us series because this movie is exactly that.
Rated 05 Jul 2021
After a wonderfully tense and borderline great original that really didn't require a sequel we get one anyway and it's not very good. How Krasinski and Blunt's characters combined in the part 1 was a big part of why it worked, and with the former missing and the latter spending so much time on her own Part 2 becomes a more standard mediocre thriller. Murphy is dull as the clichéd and predictable reluctant protector and the cross cutting of the action scenes removed rather than enhanced tension
Rated 14 Jul 2021
The first film did a great job creating tension since the characters couldn’t make noise (like Don’t Breathe), but this sequel actually goes against that for a good chunk of its runtime by giving the characters multiple safe spaces. Despite that, it does manage to get back on track with the third act, which is one silo scene away from matching the first. Murphy is a great addition, and it’s entertaining enough, although the end does feel abrupt. Definitely open to a third.
Rated 22 Jul 2021
Idiot girl continues to do idiot things and movie applauds her as the true hero. How long till she runs out of family to endanger? Check out part 3!
Rated 14 Aug 2021
A Quiet Place Part II doesn't promise story-wise innovations, but in my opinion, it was much more gripping, exciting and terrifying than the first movie. Krasinski has improved himself quite a bit in directing. (08/12/2021 - Cinemaximum Akasya)
Rated 19 Sep 2021
A solid sequel that starts where the first one ended, save for a quick flashback prologue, that was honestly more interesting than the rest of the movie. I need a true prequel!
Rated 19 Oct 2021
Wow, who knew Jim from the Office had, so far, 2 great horror films in him? There's an opening sequence of a car backing away from a bus that had me on the edge of my seat & 2 points in the movie that have 2 effectively suspenseful scenes match cut w/ each other & mirroring what's happening in the other scene. I still noticed that he couldn't figure out how to explain how the hell the monster got to the island on that boat so he just dumped the boat there, but this is so good I'll allow it.
Rated 08 Jun 2021
I liked this but not as much as the first one. Also looks like they channeled The Last of Us quite a bit.
Rated 28 Jun 2021
There are diminishing returns so it's not quite as good as the first but I still love it. A step down in tension and emotional resonance but still effective. It lacks the chemistry between Krasinski and Blunt even though everybody involved does a really good job. What it still does amazing is how it uses sound, which is sort of essential for a film with this premise. There's one scene in particular that exemplifies it but it's all great. John still directing the shit out of this series.
Rated 01 Jul 2021
Krasinski is a very competent director. Others should watch and learn.
Rated 01 Jul 2021
We saw a refreshing (and necessary) expansion of the Quiet Place universe in Part II, while all involved maintained the tense, closed-in tone. I'm quite confident that even with a third installment coming in 2023, it won't veer nearly as far off course as, say, "Paranormal Activity". Cillian Murphy as always does great work, and while Blunt still got to shine (as if you could stop her), the kids each took steps forward in their characters as well. Not far behind its predecessor. Give me more!
Rated 02 Jul 2021
In a lot of ways, it's better than the previous movie. There are way more intense situations and the plot is a little less idiotic than in the first part. I wouldn't have minded a full on origins story, either. Sometimes finding out how the apocalypse starts is more interesting than the apocalypse itself.
Rated 05 Jul 2021
A Quiet Place II is just as thrilling as the first film in terms of tension, which seems to be dialed up a level, but the narrative is a little mediocre, as the mystery behind these creatures weakness has already been discovered in the first. Now they just have to do something about that. Basically, the plot of this movie is what you might imagine it would be - and something you might even write yourself if you wrote fan fiction. Thankfully, the acting, cinematography, and tension is unforgettab
Rated 06 Jul 2021
Krasinski shows his range with Part 2 through an overuse of contrived parallel narratives. The plot seems to struggle the fill the runtime making the film occasionally feel slow or pointless, and the methodology for keeping silent, that defined the first film, seem to only apply when convenient. The hit in logic is at least compensated by decent (if a tad melodramatic) action sequences. The cinematography is good, though I frequently got The Last of Us vibes, and I haven't even played the game.
Rated 15 Jul 2021
Many, many more contrivances (unrealistic world/monsters, kids causing trouble, convenient scares) without the saving grace of the 1st (novel idea with sign language, family dynamic, Krasinski heart). The problems are amplified. There's no character development since this is basically the day after the 1st. Take away the reputation it earned and this is just another forgettable horror. Overall unnecessary. Fav scene: girl waking up and thinking the guy abandoned her and took her device.
Rated 17 Jul 2021
Excellent. Good followup to the first.
Rated 07 Aug 2021
Awkward walk back to the island people after causing half of them to die. "But we saved you in the end." Tarantino loves the fact that the family continues to go shoeless.
Rated 10 Aug 2021
Great follow up, and Krasinski continues to show off his directing chops. I think this struck that perfect balance for a sequel of keeping the heart of what worked, but expanding enough to feel fresh. And hard to complain about anything when you take something that was good and then add Cillian Murphy on top.
Rated 11 Aug 2021
All the contrived situations and illogical behavior are far more obtrusive and difficult to overlook than the first film. The girl's plan is nonsensical and wouldn't have worked if not for disastrous unplanned events (which leave everyone in a worse situation than they were in at the beginning).
Rated 15 Sep 2021
Better than your average Netflix alien invasion horror flick, especially for a sequel. But. It doesn’t expand upon a universe with an alien invasion that, pussyfoot around as Krasinski might, was established in the first movie to be rubbish.
Rated 14 Oct 2021
With a stellar performance from the whole cast, especially a leading Millicent Simmonds, and a, even more than capable direction from Krasinski, this is an emotionally thrilling addition to the AQP franchise.
Rated 03 Nov 2021
pwecious wittle awiens have vewy sensitive eardwums- plz no high noise, u hurt they feewings 😢
Rated 22 May 2021
Not quite as interesting as the original, but still a strong continuation of the story and character development. Main criticism is the feeling of a video game narrative without the interactivity to engage.
Rated 30 May 2021
As good - if not better than - the first.
Rated 01 Jun 2021
Part 2 is pretty solid. I think Krasinski is starting to show his range as a director, as it does pull back the focus of Lee and Evelyn as characters, for the kids this time around. Both of them step into the spotlight, and Krasinski makes it feel like a natural progression given it's clever and logistical sequences. I have some gripes with this personally, and while I don't think it's better than the original, it certainly feels like a satisfying sequel to this world.
Rated 01 Jun 2021
Decent enough, but a crowd-pleaser if you know what I mean.
Rated 07 Jun 2021
One of those rare excellent sequels. I know it was good since it went so fast for me, and I wanted more.
Rated 07 Jun 2021
Quiet Place 2 goes bigger in scope than the original, and in doing so loses some of it's appeal. Sure the movie is well acted and wholly unique, but I loved the first one for how oddly quiet it was. Except for one scene, talking is so minimum that it was the only time I can remember a packed theatre being truly quiet. This movie has a lot of reasons why characters can talk, and none are dumb, its just not the spirit of the movie? You see the creature a lot too and the cgi is pretty meh
Rated 12 Jun 2021
ok movie
Rated 16 Jun 2021
While not as polished as the first installment, it's nonetheless a tight thriller that packs an emotional punch.
Rated 19 Jun 2021
o boring as fuck
Rated 19 Jun 2021
Once it really picks up A Quiet Place 2 is actually a much more tense movie than the first because it deals with surviving this new world. We get a glimpse into the early days as Krasinski reprises his role as Lee for that flashback. Murphy being the new addition to the cast really excels but Millicent Simmonds is the stand out. Such a brilliant movie filled with tension and world growth. Another fantastic ending. I am so glad to have finally seen this movie.
Rated 20 Jun 2021
First of all, best part of sequel was not seeing the face of John Krasinski, The Office's most lamest and loser character but i have to give him credit, his narrative and directing style are much better than PartI. I felt like i was in a console game, a simple and fluent narrative. Cillian Murphy's existing is fantastic and i loved him. I must say that bearded look gave him a different charisma. Finally, I would like to watch this movie in the cinema, but unfortunately i live in comedy country.
Rated 23 Jun 2021
I quite appreciate the acting, actually. The child actors are good, and this one has the capable Cillian Murphy. Also more monster action this time around, not that I care. The script is still utter shit.
Rated 26 Jun 2021
It's just shocking that theatre audiences actually keep quiet during these movies. Maybe every movie needs to a quiet place presents sort of thing
Rated 29 Jun 2021
It has good scenes, but in the end it's just more of the same.
Rated 29 Jun 2021
Feels more like a satisfying chapter in a longer story than a soulless, repetitive cash grab. Kudos once again to Krasinski, who is only improving as a filmmaker. After the reveals of the first film, the tension and threat could've easily lost steam, but this was just as nail-biting as its predecessor. And I left wanting more!
Rated 30 Jun 2021
This one does not feel like those cheap horror sequels that came out only because the first one was a huge hit; rather, it supports the series as if it were meant to be a trilogy from the initial inception.
Rated 06 Jul 2021
Was a let down. There is literally nothing new; just a quintessential Sci-fi movie. When the novelty of the first part wears down, the true shallowness of the movie/concept is exposed. Simply cannot understand why there is such excitement around this part.
Rated 10 Jul 2021
Krasinski shows us that directorial skill does not entail creativity. The Quiet Place 2 is a movie that tries hard to be a perfectly sculpted piece of blockbuster cinema, which ends up robbing it of almost any verisimilitude. Cross cuts, "Oh no the monster is behind you"-framing and jump scares are tossed at you to keep your attention but it only heightens the artifice. The only thing that feels real is Cillian Murphy, mercifully given a underwritten character so his acting can do the work.
Rated 14 Jul 2021
The sequel went on from where it stopped in the first film. There was an explanation for what happened in the beginning though the story did not go far from it. But I have to say I liked the world they created.
Rated 24 Jul 2021
I admire Krasinki's ability to construct suspenseful sequences, but I also don't think there's any deeper meaning to these films. I'm not saying that there's no subtext, but it's pretty much just lying there on the surface and it's a non-critical promotion of mainstream American values like family and helping others. I admire his ability to put a film together, I prefer my horror to come with some subversion.
Rated 25 Jul 2021
Fairly predictable and requires as great of a suspension of disbelief as the first, but if you liked the first one, you will enjoy the sequel.
Rated 26 Jul 2021
An enjoyable sequel. Even though we've already seen the "monster" in the first one, this one makes a good job of exploiting it. Its simple and enjoyable horror, nothing else.
Rated 17 Aug 2021
Yea I'm just not into the whole thing... maybe I should ask myself why I watched the second if I couldn't get into the first, so it's on me. Not a bad movie per se, just not my jam, I'm not into jumpscares and definitely not into the lore of these movies.
Rated 13 Sep 2021
WOW. Usually am skeptical about sequels, but this one was somehow better than the first in a lot of ways. I didn't know which direction they would take the sequel but it was pretty damn good. The journey to find other people was predictable but how things panned out was well done. The theme of silence didn't get boring but had maybe even a better effect than the first film. The young actors man... so good. And Cillian Murphy was good to see!
Rated 19 Sep 2021
Talk about delivering on the hype, meeting any and all expectations, & serving as a tremendous example for what sequels should strive to be. Excellent performances, some haunting cinematography, phenomenal use of the creatures & continuation of the narrative from Part I, & fantastic character development for the kiddos hammered home at the end. The opening sequence was great & everything after that just kept hitting the mark. Nonstop tension. I never loved the first one, but this was a blast.
Rated 13 Nov 2021
A worthy sequel that feels like a natural continuation of this worlds and these characters story. The family dynamic remains at the heart of picture and the cast are really strong. Perhaps not a tense as the first, but very solid stuff.
Rated 12 Dec 2021
Hugely underrated. Really good movie. Starts with some history to introduce a new character to the movie. The movie doesn't really add a lot to the first part, but it's just so damn exciting and very well made. A lot of calm music when there are heavy scenes, which is pretty funny :) I'm a fan, can't wait till part 3
Rated 21 Mar 2022
Once again delivering lots of tension and entertaining action, this is a very welcome sequel. Bring on Part III!
Rated 06 Jun 2022
Shhhhh no one cares
Rated 17 Jun 2022
Krasinski essentially tries to trap lightning in the same bottle. Yes, the intercut suspense scenes that make up 85% of the movie work quite well, but... really, if you're going to ask me for 90 minutes, it wouldn't hurt to have SOME story in there.
Rated 23 Jun 2022
Much like the first entry, Part 2 felt like a film of two acts to me. But whereas A Quiet Place seemed to have a relentless 2nd act that never let up, followed by an abrupt end; Part 2 feels like you're allowed to breathe too much and ends before things are cranked enough to warrant the traditional lull that foreshadows a finale. The result feels incomplete and - dare I say it? - episodic. We didn't need a Part 2, but we'll probably be getting a Part 3.
Rated 15 Jan 2023
Good sequel.
Rated 30 May 2021
A QUIET PLACE 2: DEATH BY STEREO!!! definitely an "okay—really quick, honey!" vibe to most of Blunt's scenes. the missus is clearly eager to get back to her latest high-dollar Disney franchise where she's all dolled up and looking pretty instead of looking perpetually tear-streaked and anguished.
Cash in.
Rated 08 Jun 2021
The majority of this movie is as good as, if not better than, the first. Fantastic thrills and chills, great direction, IMPECCABLE editing, and Cillian Murphy’s presence make for a more than adequate sequel. But then it doesn’t have an ending. Like...it doesn’t have an ending. It just ends. With no ending. The movie doesn’t have an ending is what I’m saying, and it was really jarring and weird. I appreciate not wanting to overstay your welcome, but you still have to end your movie!
Rated 13 Jun 2021
The majority plays well - as controlled in tone and with amplified sensory awareness as the first. However, some glaring contrivances lack the setup or psychological coherence to feel logical and deserved (the surprise in the boat, the seeming lack of concern those at “home base” might feel toward those elsewhere). Just a few extra story beats would likely have helped tremendously. Would not have solved issues with the set pieces in the finale and the total waste of Scoot McNairy.
Rated 21 Jun 2021
Why was the daughter just being a huge b for no reason? Was having a trouble feeling anything for anyone in this. The cross cutting was annoying and way too in your face to force an emotion. A couple fun scares and stinky little toesies.
Rated 22 Jun 2021
Not as good as the first but still a very solid thriller. So of the child actors look very different now and there were even more logical flaws. A part III would definitely be worth it.
Rated 27 Jun 2021
A solid sequel just as good as the first and suffering from all the same pitfalls as well. Hopefully, they don't make the teased third film.
Rated 30 Jun 2021
It's a waste they didn't name this A Quieter Place hmmmmmmmmm
Rated 02 Jul 2021
A decently thrilling sequel to A Quiet Place. Executes tension better than the previous movie while staying true to its themes. Still feels unresolved like the previous one but is entertaining enough for me to not feel bored.
Rated 02 Jul 2021
Day1dopescene+day474+omgbeartrap:'(+parallelscenestoomuch/oftennotgoodenoughlol+abruptendlol
5.7.21
Rated 08 Jul 2021
A great ad for never having children.
Rated 10 Jul 2021
Better than the original and the Last of Us vibes help. But it still has dumb things. 1) I worked out how to avoid the creatures and can constantly broadcast a message via radio. What do I do? Put a helpful message on repeat? No way! Let me play a cool song that vaguely hints at it. 2) It's the middle of the night and I'm injured and protecting a vulnerable person. What better time than now to get some binoculars and head to higher ground? Look, it's alright but it requires some brain damage.
Rated 10 Jul 2021
The most compelling case for 39th trimester abortions ever made. I think you could refilm every beat of this movie in 15 minutes and get the same net result. At least slightly more things happen in this one than Part I to make the grueling 90 minute runtime more tolerable.
Rated 12 Jul 2021
A serviceable sequel offering good jump scares, taut atmosphere and a more action-based premise than the first. The sound design and soundtrack remain a high point, as does the acting. There's a glimpse of something more layered, thanks to a couple of character clashes, but the potential is largely wasted as the film chooses instead to focus on the action. The abrupt ending and sometimes jarring alternation between the two main subplots mar an otherwise perfectly enjoyable movie even further.
Rated 12 Jul 2021
Competent sci-fi horror film, with some rather satisfying cross-cutting towards the end. Krasinski sure knows how to amp up the cinematics of a film like this, but it's unfortunate that this has no beginning or end, perpetuating the notion that "cinema" can now be episodic like a TV show. I'm jealous of Millicent Simmonds getting to roll around and get dirty with the dashing Krasinski and Murphy.
Rated 14 Jul 2021
I find it both engagind and boring as the first one, and maybe like this a bit more than the original just because it refuses to expand the mythology -- with the "sole" exception of the last shot -- in order to create a bunch of thrilling scenes that function on their own dynamics -- too bad the movie itself doesn't. Of course, the franchising stuff is all there and that seems to avoid the film to dig deeper into the island guys and so. But ok, it's satisfying.
Rated 16 Jul 2021
A fitting sequel but the novelty is a bit gone.
Rated 17 Jul 2021
This is not as good as the first one in the series but it is still enjoyable. There are a number of exciting scenes and moments in this movie. Overall I would recommend this horror movie.
Rated 17 Jul 2021
Bir buçuk yıl sonra ilk kez sinemaya gidiyorum ve C*nemaximum sağolsun film deneyimimi piç etti. Kaç kere sinemaya gitmisimdir, hayatımda bu kadar bulanık bir film izlediğimi hatırlamıyorum. Bir de IMAX amk. Burdan o makinistin annesine selamlar. Onun dışında film eğlenceli. Tek eksik keşke 2 saat olsaymış.
Rated 19 Jul 2021
The middle third was sooooo sloooow. I didn't like the first one and I would recommend this much less.
Rated 20 Jul 2021
This was alright too
Rated 23 Jul 2021
Böyle 1 zamanda çocuk mu yapılır? konusunu kafalara kazıyıp 1.bölüm'de canavarları durdurmayı başaran filmin 2. hikayesi. Sıkılmadan izledim. Hatta çabucak bitti. Senaryo biçimi Lord Of The Rings'e benziyor. Sessiz ve sakinliği ile En iyi Ses Oscarına aday olacağı belli. Fakat içerik bakımından çok sıkıntılı. Kısır döngü çok baskılamış. Filmin sonunda, Radio. Djimon Hounsou 1 filmde ölme ya. Hoplar gider çekirge. Pıtı pıtı pıtı çekirge.
Rated 25 Jul 2021
It does its job to entertain and to continue the story. The flashback seemed a bit forced but was necessary to introduce Cillian Murphy's character (great interpretation by the way) and to show off a bit with that sequence shot in front of the stores's windows that weren't reflecting the camera. Some little forced stupid behaviours needed to create enough tension, and which i forget for this reason. Ok movie imho
Rated 31 Jul 2021
2021'de #IzlediğimFilmler : 228. A Quiet Place 2 (2020) Yine çok başarılı ve inandırıcı oyunculuklar ve müthiş ses kurgusu ile ilgi ile izledim. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rated 02 Aug 2021
Though nothing new, and perhaps the novelty has worn off a bit from the original, I believe this is a sequel that does justice to the original. All the creepy, scary stuff without going overboard like too many movies do these days. One drawback is that it doesn't really have the tension that the farm & silo scenes that the first had. I also wish it had a scene or two at the end to kind of wrap things up for this installment.
Rated 06 Aug 2021
7?Aaaah! I like it! Is there a Part III?
Rated 09 Aug 2021
#21#, exp3, rw3, prequel, Emily.B!
Rated 10 Aug 2021
W4E2P1S1V1M1A2R2.
Rated 12 Aug 2021
Adequate continuation of the first movie, but doesn't add anything to substitute for the lack of novelty and suspense of the original.
Rated 17 Aug 2021
Still great, just slightly less so than the first film. Mainly for two reasons: 1. Not enough John Krasinski which is understandable but I stand by my complaint 2. The plot at least in the last half goes in directions which really accentuate some of the holes that were always present in the premise - like yeah, why didn't they just go out to islands from the start? Millicent Simmonds steps up to carry the film even though she didn't have to (Emily Blunt was already doing it).
Rated 10 Sep 2021
Odd editing, a few scary moments, predictive plot, ”A Stranger Things Season Finale”
Rated 30 Oct 2021
This sequel is not constantly tense and suspenseful like its predecessor. When it is, I like it the most. When it is not it feels more like walking dead.
Rated 09 Dec 2021
More of an add-on than a sequel. Not bad, but kinda pointless.
Rated 12 Jan 2022
Watching this felt exactly like watching season 2 of Stranger Things. That doesn't mean it's bad or anything (I like both), this just relates exactly to A Quiet Place like Stranger Things 2 relates to Stranger Things. Maybe because it's similarly ham-fisted, thematically, compared to its predecessor. You know, the whole "this time the kids save their parents" thing...
Rated 04 Feb 2022
They reproduced the exact same premise and conflict with Krasinsky's character swapped out for Cillian Murphy. The screenplay was noticeably better, but that isn't saying much.

Directed by: