Spider-Man: No Way Home
Spider-Man-No-Way-Home

Spider-Man: No Way Home

2021
Sci-fi, Action
For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero is unmasked and no longer able to separate his normal life from the high-stakes of being a Super Hero. When he asks for help from Doctor Strange, the stakes become even more dangerous, forcing him to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man (imdb.com).

Serves as an epic and emotional finale to 20 years of Spider-Man movies, pulled off in ways most of us never thought possible. Like the recent Ghostbusters: Afterlife, this is an example of fanservice done right. The ending is surprisingly bittersweet (for a Marvel movie, at least) and I hope future movies don't undo the major decisions made here. Keep on slingin', Spidey.
Actually the story was weak, the incident which provides a foundation for the entire movie was unconvincing, ridiculously absurd and nonlogical, they didn't even explain it much, that led to so many plot holes. Sandman and Lizard were just there needlessly, motivations unclear. But fan-service, feeling of nostalgia, performances, pacing were so good, plus some serious consequences in the movie elevate No Way Home from my end to a higher level, despite all of it's absurdities and problems!
Where do I even begin? This lived up to the hype and even surpassed it a bit. I was very surprised how mature the storytelling was and just where the writers went with this character. I laughed, cried, and clapped my hands like the big nerd I am. It’s got the fan service, but it’s also really respectful to the character and those who grew up watching him for decades. The cast and crew hit the nail here. Fun, endlessly entertaining, very emotional, and super satisfying. I loved it.
As a film, it cannot be avoided that this Spider-Man is incomprehensible without seeing past ones - a significant number of payoffs require the viewer having seen at least eight other comic book movies from multiple film studios. It relies so heavily upon other media that it loses a bit of its own identity. But with that said, damn, how fun was that, right? Loved it! A lovely junction of so many Marvel moments and characters and it manages to keep the magic alive for the whole run.
The ads do a disservice to this film. It's not just another supervillain fight. Instead, the cross-dimensional angle gives cool insight on the hero as well as the villains he's created and faced. If sequels feel like TV shows, this one is a great season finale that addresses past plots. However, the picture slips with unanswered logical questions and nonsensical heroic choices. Still, if you've been a fan of any of the franchises, the final third action makes it worth watching.

36 Collections including 19 Collaborative and 17 Public