The Banshees of Inisherin

2022
Avg Percentile 70.84% from 1985 total ratings

(1985)
Rated 14 Dec 2022
Men literally cut their fingers off and still won't go to therapy.
Rated 06 Nov 2022
Most movies are terrible at showcasing male friendships unless they are between cops, criminals, or superheroes. So this one is refreshing in how it illustrates the depressing end of a friendship and toxic masculinity. Martin McDonagh is gifted with dialogue, although at times the heavy talking and Irish accents makes it feel more like a play and less like cinema. Still it holds up as a darkly tragic comedy with character choices that will haunt you. And Colin Farrell is amazing. Recommended.
Rated 05 Nov 2022
Pretends to seriousness when it’s just maudlin to its core. This is “adult” filmmaking in the age of Avengers movies: no subtlety, nothing left unstated or mysterious. Gleeson is reduced to waving his bloody stumps like some ghoul out of Harry Potter or like the meat-of-the-week in Game of Thrones. Nothing like Béla Tarr. Visually, it’s a tissue of clichés… it should be forbidden to shoot movies in Ireland. Don’t even get me started on the sexy cannibal donkeys.
Rated 25 Sep 2022
Oddly similar to his brother's Calvary (2014) because of the same dark humor, being centered around the exact same themes, and probably due to presence of Gleeson, so much so that it feels like I'm watching the same movie, and yet the story is still original and much more accessible. Both are a "McDonagh's masterpiece".
Rated 23 Nov 2022
Civil war is feckin’ shite, so. And if that’s not the point of this film, I suppose I just don’t have this sort of men in my life to relate it back to - once the film turns from slow rural comedy to utter, preventable tragedy, its characters likewise transform from charming bumpkins to caricatures of concept. Terrifically performed and never boring, but too unreal and (dare I say?) unnecessarily cruel. May yet stick with me and improve in recollection.
Rated 23 Nov 2022
Men fear, perhaps more than anything, their own futility, and Inisherin is a landscape built to heighten it: nothing to do but gossip and milk cows and drink a pint and listen to a war off in the distance where at least they’re contributing. The stripped simplicity in every aspect of the film elevates the characters to people flailing at purpose. The preacher here may be yelling fuck out of the confessional but I’m reminded of Ecclestiasties: For all is Vanity, and chasing after the wind.
Rated 14 Sep 2022
TIFF 22: McDonagh starts with a hilariously simple narrative and slowly unveils its insidious power through to a devastatingly equalizing finale. Banshees' true drama exists in the conceptual, the hidden inner turmoil of the characters. In this way it feels almost literary, dealing with human yearning, suffering, irrationality through a series of outbursts and fallout. Easily my favourite thing I've seen this year.
Rated 24 Nov 2022
Men would rather *lists all the stuff that happens in this movie* than go to therapy
Rated 28 Dec 2022
Definitely one of my favorites from 2022. McDonagh never misses. His scripts are always darkly hilarious or sharp or both, and this is one of his best yet. I for one was fine with the ending, and it legitimately got me thinking about my own friendships and life. Not rethinking, just thinking. It’s a much deeper, thought-provoking film than I expected. Farrell is excellent, but Condon was phenomenal. Gleeson and Keoghan were very amusing though. Expertly shot and paced. I felt like I was there.
Rated 04 Jan 2023
Manages to get the balance of tragedy and jet-black humor right, largely on the strength of the lead performances; Gleeson, Farrell, Condon and Keoghan are excellent here. Simple, efficient, but with a lot to say about the Irish Civil War and masculinity itself. Definitely worth seeing.
Rated 24 Oct 2022
I felt a Bela-Tarr-esque emotion watching The Banshees of Inishering where McDonagh weaves a sweater of nothing through Gleeson and Farell. Very touching, very humane. Relaying Cansu's comment: "You can give an Oscar even to Farrell's eyebrows."
Rated 09 Nov 2022
I really like this film and I suspect I will grow to like it even more on repeat viewing. Farrell and Gleason are as good a pair here as they were in "In Bruges", yet they couldn't be more different. Kerry Condon steals the movie out from under them as Farrell's smarter sister (She has some wonderful scenes that really contrast male and female perspectives on life.) Barry Keoghan steals more scenes as a funny little weirdo.
Rated 17 Dec 2022
Beautifully shot original tale with formidable acting by Gleeson, Condon and, particularly, Farrell. Not only one of the very best movies of the year but also McDonaugh's best.
Rated 11 Mar 2023
Brendan Gleeson tries giving the Irish Goodbye to a whole friendship, even though he's not going anywhere. Think 'Planes, Trains, and Automobiles' but the pathos is all inverted. Directing, editing, and acting all convey a mastery of tone and timing, and the beautiful landscape is fully utilized. It looks fantastic, it may be the best Ireland = Green Color Palette shtick I've ever seen.
Rated 27 Dec 2022
The microcosmic feud between two men of the island of Inisherin serves as a metaphor for the Irish Civil War: Two men, former best-friends, now feuding for unclear reasons, trapped in an escalating cycle of violence and retribution and surrounded by an abusive police force and an apathetic church. McDonagh takes the black comedy of "In Bruges" and the subtext and pathos of "Three Billboards" and combines them with socio-historical commentary to make his best and most meaningful film yet.
Rated 19 Mar 2024
2022's Everything Everywhere All at Once is about a woman accessing her other selves across the multiverse to do battle with/make amends with her daughter. 2022's Avatar: The Way of Water takes place on an alien world with mind blowing visual effects. 2022's All Quiet on the Western Front depicts the horrors of World War I from a young soldiers perspective. The Banshees of Inisherin is about a guy who doesn't want to be friends anymore. I haven't been this excited about a premise in a long time.
Rated 21 Oct 2022
Martin McDonagh is back in top form. An excellent Drama about friendships with well-written characters and plenty of black humour. Nicely shot in Ireland, great performances and lovely music makes this easily one of the best films of 2022. Definitely Oscars worthy for sure.
Rated 28 Oct 2022
Although trailered as a comedy and indeed it does have many laugh out loud moments- this is a very dark film. Fantastic performances from the entire cast and beautiful cinematography make this a compelling and thought provoking watch.
Rated 02 Nov 2022
Great flick, very funny but with a matte black vibe throughout. Really cool to see the negative side of rural life in Ireland and the islands which in wide release films always seem to be romanticised. Fantastic performances from everyone but Kerry Condon and Barry Keoghan steal the show (even though I think Farrell is doing some career best work in a subtle way.) Sail, don't run to your nearest showing!
Rated 13 Dec 2022
This is an incredible display of acting from the core 4 (Gleeson, Farrell, Condon and Keoghan). Gleeson and Farrell together are awesome. Writing handles seriousness well, and it doesn't shove punchlines at you, it slowly unveils them. Lines that don't seem funny are funny in context. Trailers don't do this justice. Takes a simple idea and makes it compelling. Brilliant directing too: good marriage with somber music, scenic shots, wonderful framing, artsy but not pretentiously so.
Rated 05 Oct 2022
Wholly immersive thanks to the beautiful photography, excellent dialogues and a cast of memorable, perfectly chosen faces helmed by the great duo of Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, it's perhaps McDonagh's most antithetical film: the first half is surprisingly hilarious to the point of bordering on farce, while the second is considerably grimmer as the characters are driven to extremes that work symbolically as portrayals of their worldview and relationship but contextually seem far-fetched.
Rated 26 Oct 2022
sadder Superbad.... Supersad???
Rated 27 Oct 2022
The film resists an easy read but invites viewers to savor the details of both its central relationship and of the characters around Colm and Pádraic, like Dominic, an abused, dull-witted boy who becomes Pádraic’s hanger-on, and Siobhán, Pádraic’s well-read sister, who comes to suspect there’s no future for her on Inisherin. This possibility seems never to have occurred to Colm and Pádraic even as their countrymen kill each other heading into a tomorrow that may have no room for either of them.
Rated 05 Mar 2023
A dull, period buddy-comedy that dissolves into a body horror jumpscare mystery. Inherently TBoI is a value debate between intelligence and empathy. Not mutually exclusive, but the empathic character here (Farrell) is as dull as dishwater. The movie tries to argue that empathy and kindness are more important than intellect or wittiness. I know I'm not perhaps supposed to side with Gleeson who's more willing to mutilate himself than to endure boring people - but I absolutely do.
Rated 07 Nov 2022
A dark comedy with some big laughs. Worthy of a best picture nomination; if the Oscars snubs it, it should at least sneak in as a comedy at the Golden Globes.
Rated 23 Nov 2022
I could talk about how much this differed from the way Mcdonagh normally intersects bitterness and violence. The cynicism not being as winking. The violence being a far distant after thought. But I’ll leave it with an abridged Cassavetes quote. “there is no communication between people. Instead it’s long-winded stories or hostile bits, or laughter. But nobody’s really laughing. It’s more an hysterical, joyless kind of sound. Translation: ‘I am here and I don’t know why.”
Rated 11 Mar 2023
A quirky short film-like premise gets expertly expanded under vast Irish sky, casually meandering like a stroll down to the shore and back up to the pub into the territories of pure drama and absurdist dark comedy, respectively. What is a friendship? What is a life well-lived? "How's the despair?" These questions are bandied about in a snappy, smart script (Dominic's tragic arc felt disconnected though), perfectly acted out. Siobahn's a perfect third character ("You're *all* fucking boring!").
Rated 25 Sep 2023
Some guy wants to stay friends and his friend doesn't, and goes to extreme lengths to clarify this. Everyone is charmless and the script is tedious, platitudinal, and full of awkward, flat jokes. It's not even the nagging, unsolved mystery of what the characters actually want and why, but worse: McDonagh's inability to make the answer matter. This isn't quite as terrible as Three Billboards, but that's really not saying much.
Rated 23 Dec 2022
*spoilers* Take the dream away from the dimmest ones; they will either die or change to become more like the smart ones, not nice like.
Rated 25 Dec 2022
Good normal chatting, but the film is rather dim, like.
Rated 04 Jan 2023
I didn’t think this was nearly as hilarious as In Bruges. I might need to watch it again in order to truly understand it fully, which I don’t think could be said about Bruges.
Rated 06 Jan 2023
A colourful, masterfully-told tale of two men in the dying days of their friendship. Uncomfortably relatable. I believe we have all been Colm at one time or another - desperate to grow beyond the straightjacket of what has been comfortable and normal. We've probably all been Padraic, too - a "this is life" type who thrives in that comfort and stillness, barely wanting for anything more. Gleeson and Farrell are splendid, and very few directors could hope to tell this story like Martin McDonagh.
Rated 18 Jan 2023
What do you do when the ginger you thought was your best friend stops talking to you out of the blue? No, please, not that! This is a brilliant film that needles the line between comedy and tragedy perfectly - I cried like 5 times only to laugh 3 seconds later. Banshees is about loneliness, pain, ACAB, really cute small donkeys and also the civil war in Northern Ireland (but I don't know enough history to get the context). Nobody better mess with Siobhan, like ever!
Rated 23 Jan 2023
I am not smart enough to understand all of the obvious metaphors with the Irish Civil War, but what I do clearly grasp is the great performances by everyone in this film. Particularly Kerry Condon and Farrell.
Rated 01 Feb 2023
Sometimes I'm too dumb to "get" a film, but I can still enjoy it on the surface level. Here, I was too dumb to get it and the surface level also didn't really work for me as a story. The humor, photography, and some strong performances were enough to make this still decent, but I think I need to read about this to understand it.
Rated 07 Nov 2022
You have to be patient with it, but when it gets going it's darkly, bizarrely good.
Rated 01 Mar 2023
Do all Irelanders, even the dumbest, speak so quick-wittedly, as if they were out of a Bernard Shaw or Oscar Wilde?
Rated 09 Nov 2022
You can come out of a movie and think "That was awesome, do you fancy a KFC?", or if it is a Lynchian film, "What the f*** was that about, did you understand it?" .. then there is the type of film which resonates so deeply, where you are emotionally invested on so many levels, where everything is so brilliantly cast, scripted, acted and filmed that it stays with you in every waking moment. I love this film, the lead actors and the sense of getting old, and thinking "have I 'achieved' anything?"
Rated 21 Nov 2022
it was going alright until she put the fork in her own eye, I insist as I fail to comprehend how much everyone but me hates what life has turned out to be. the solution to entropy is absurdity, but things get broken either way
Rated 24 Nov 2022
More enjoyable than the others I’ve seen of his. Less smarmy and cynical in a boring and violent way. One of the funniest movies of the year. And piercing, not really in its critiques of male friendships, but with the struggle a lot of people have within themselves. In Tree of Life voiceover voice: being a pretentious douche, being a carefree philistine, always you wrestle inside of me.
Rated 27 Nov 2022
I found the writing trite and reductive. A bit like being hit with a stout piece of metaphorical blackthorn. But I applaud all the actors for doing their very best. And I was particularly impressed by the Costume Knitter - well done, you, Pádraic's jumpers are brilliant. (And thanks to the New York Times, I now know her name: Mrs. Delia Barry)
Rated 03 Apr 2023
A look into loneliness, depression and fulfillment. Farrell's character is the only truly happy and content person on the island, the only one actually living the proper Ecclesiastes life filled with joy. Then loneliness, the film's main hero, comes in the equation, people succumb to it and it devours everything with its selfish nihilistic pride. Relationships are destroyed and the island's community is torn apart. The seemingly dull Pádraic proves to be the only one with integrity. /c Vlaykova
Rated 15 Dec 2022
dulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Rated 16 Dec 2022
I'm already looking forward to the sequel, The Donkeys of Inisherin, and then the conclusion to the trilogy, The Bread Vans of Lisdoonvarna. Punching a policeman is not a sin, this movie gets it.
Rated 04 Apr 2023
Marginally prefer this to In Bruges, the performances and the scenery are incredible. As with Three Billboards, which I hated, there's still something about the artifice or metaphors McDonagh employs that seems too heavy-handed. It mostly works here though.
Rated 23 Dec 2022
SPOİLER son yarım saatteki yarrak gibi absürtlükler efsanevi bir şeyin içine etmiş içine. yok sinirlenince parmak kesmek filan, kesilen parmakları yemeye çalışan eşeğin ölmesi, intikam için ev yakılacağını herkesin polis dahil bilmesi ama müdahale etmemesi vs. abi niye sıkı gerçekçiliği absürtlüğe çeviriyorsun yazık günah ya hele ki böylesi kusursuz bir iç savaş metaforu varken. Mcdonagh sen harbi malsın
Rated 21 Aug 2023
This movie is ridiculous at best. Self mutilation is not an enjoyable subject.
Rated 24 Dec 2022
The comedy-drama style of McDonagh is such that it is neither a drama nor a comedy. Interesting elements at best. Reminds me too strongly of Dutch cinema, only with better acting. ADD ON after three weeks: The movie stayed with me more than i expected… Made me smile now and than… rating it higher now…
Rated 24 Mar 2023
I am amazed at how complicated such a simple parable can be. It stayed with me for weeks.
The pride of Ireland.
Rated 30 Dec 2022
Just... not funny.
Rated 31 Dec 2022
cinematography with all those clichés as if made for an Irish Tourism Board video make me want to puke. The characters are laughable caricatures. The only "meta" about the plot is that, instead of being passive about life, such as watching a moving picture, you should try to "do something". No need to pay money or sit in front of a 2 hours lecture to get it
Rated 02 Jan 2023
Banshees is at its weakest when it tries too hard to be an absurdist comedy, but at its best when it lets breathing room for Gleeson and especially Colin Farrell to do his thing by acting the subtext. i'm surprised i actually like a movie done by the guy who made the awful Billboards in Missouri- maybe he's more in his oils when the setting is something he's familiar with.
Rated 03 May 2023
A super dull film, it could have used some escapes from bleakness but offered none. For me this was not powerful and I did not connect with it. I recently watched the film Naked which was also bleak but still better than this.
Rated 04 Jan 2023
Something about this film felt unresolved and underdeveloped, as if the film never elevates itself above its premise or the absudity of the situation. Has its moments but easily ranks as McDonagh's worst, for me personally.
Rated 09 Jan 2023
A bit of an odd premise and setup, and slogs at times, but the performances, writing, and wit keep it going strong.
Rated 11 Jan 2023
Strong performances from Farrell & Gleeson make McDonagh's film an engaging watch despite its sluggish pace. The Civil War analogy is made apparent by the end, though not laboured throughout, especially if it's not on your mind going in. The decaying friendship is handled well with both leads coming across as flawed; both stubborn, both right from their point-of-view, both needlessly escalating things. The humour is alright, and I can't say I want to rewatch it, but it remains a very good film.
Rated 16 Jan 2023
Futility soon becomes a driving force to make sure all things connected to our turmoil have a purpose or a certain intensity of emotion. With that, the "nice" and "dull" periods of life start to become more frequent with death approaching as though a banshee exists with warning. Well written and worth rewatching.
Rated 05 Feb 2023
A lovely film, dark and humorous and dark. Fantastic performances by all.
Rated 23 Jan 2023
An extremely well made film with fantastic performances (Farrell and Keoghan in particular) but I just found it an utterly depressing experience. Normally I enjoy black comedy but the excessively bleak tale of rural irish loneliness and futility is maybe one that I've had too much second hand experience growing up with to see the funny side.
Rated 22 Apr 2023
A film so awful in so many ways I find it hard to cram them all into a short review. Suffice to say this is a contrived abonimation that prostitutes rural Ireland in the bleakest most pointless of enterprises. Even the audio editing was amateurish before we even get to plot, accent, linguistic historicity, cliche, and the total bastardisation of anything of value whatsoever. Oscars? Oscar the grouch has more artistic probity.
Rated 14 Mar 2023
very weird tone. starts out goofy and funny but later we get people self mutilating like it's an ari aster movie.
Rated 26 Jan 2023
Civil war.
Rated 19 Feb 2023
Couldn't he have just wrote a letter...? Keoghan's love confession scene is the most emotionally painful thing I have ever seen on film.
Rated 05 Feb 2023
I like dark comedy, and I thought this had lots of laughs in the first half. As the movie goes on, it becomes more tragedy than comedy. Beautiful setting and great acting all around.
Rated 29 Jan 2023
A very good dark dramedy. Beautifully shot and very well acted by both of the leads. The metaphor for the Irish Civil War is not particularly subtle, but this is one of those movies where you want to see what happened after the credits roll, even though of course nothing did because it's a movie.
Rated 05 Jan 2024
There are some poignant and funny moments, but overall I don't get what the fuss is about (and I have strong Irish heritage!). If you are interested in such themes, then watch instead the 'Seinfeld' episode 'Male Unbonding' from 1990 (fourth episode of season one).
Rated 02 Feb 2023
McDonagh writes himself into a corner and gets out of it by giving us the finger.
Rated 10 Nov 2022
This is clearly well made with strong performances, beautiful cinematography, and good dialogue. It's just the premise feels unimportant and pointless. The first half kind of drags. Yeah it gets more interesting as the conflict builds, but McDonagh never showed them as being friends, so why are we supposed to care that they suddenly aren't? Though, I want to reiterate that the film is very well made, so if you are at all interested go check it out. You might get more out of it than I did.
Rated 12 Nov 2022
Very funny, very sad. Farrell, Gleason, and Condon are all great, but Barry Keoghan was the stand-out for me in a hilarious performance with its own unusual sense of despair.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
Give me the lovable-fool-Colin-Farrell all day. Oh and you have a grumpy Brendan Gleeson? Yup all take all you got. McDonagh's writing does humor with sudden bits of sadness so well. The beautifully stark Irish Isles is a perfect blank canvas for these characters to bloom in.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
A beautifully shot film that sways between intriguing and bland shock value. It started to grate on me a little as it went on (especially Barry Keoghan), but I think it largely pulls it together in the final act.
Rated 16 Dec 2022
The movie is beautiful, tragic and absurd. It's a pleasure to watch the performances of Gleeson, Farrell and Keoghan. Honestly there isn't anything I dislike, but I can't give it a high score, because it simply is not a movie that stays with you.
Rated 16 Jul 2023
Acting - 22/25 Pace - 16/25 Direction - 17/25 Plot - 18/25
Rated 04 Apr 2023
Colm Doherty: "If punching a policeman is a sin, we may as well just pack up and go home."
Rated 19 Dec 2022
+cinematography +acting
Rated 20 Dec 2022
brilliant
Rated 21 Dec 2022
We all have that one boring friend.
Rated 15 Aug 2023
The movie is weird and that's what makes it interesting to watch too. It keeps you guessing how the movie is going to end and it is the end which is unfortunately open and non-satisfying. The Irish English is rather entertaining to hear. The underlying theme is a tad sad but the makers have managed to eke comedy out of it. I still find it bonkers that it got 9 Oscar nominations. Didn't think it deserved all that.
Rated 24 Dec 2022
2022'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 334. The Banshees of Inisherin (2022) #MartinMcDonagh 'tan yine olağanüstü bir hikaye. #ColinFarrell ve #BrendanGleeson muhteşemler. Metaforik anlatımı ile modern başyapıt. 8/10
Rated 09 Mar 2023
“The Banshees of Inisherin” is a masterful film with a talented cast, beautiful cinematography, and sharp writing. While it may not be for everyone, fans of Martin McDonagh’s previous work will find plenty to love here.
Rated 01 Dec 2023
Surreal, like a fairy tale. Makes more sense as a feud between the gods of joy & legacy, or something. More dreary than funny, but I have to admit it does resonate, and it is (somewhat) funny.
Rated 29 Dec 2022
Very dramatic end to a friendship, sad, funny, and well paced. Thinking back on this movie a bit more, some characters and arcs bothered me, and it’s not one I’d likely see again.
Rated 29 Dec 2022
Ijustdontlikeyounomoreetclool+yesterdayhesayslool-timeslippingaway/aimlesschattin-isaidgoodnormalchattinlool+impurethoughtsabouthim?-areyajokinmelool-yawillbepurefucked!+lmaoguystalkinboutit+feckin+nicenessVSartmemory-i'm""andi'mnicelmao+wowreallyleftafinger+breadvan?thatshowmymomdiedlool+lol4more+onekilledhisdonkey:'(+sofirehishouse+guykilledselfcuzrejected?+gotoutsonotquits
Rated 05 May 2023
Que c'est bon de voir du cinéma. Pas l'un de ces bêtes spectacles qui vous lave le cerveau à coup de fusil à pompe dans le cerveau. L'art de créer un monde atypique et attachant, avec des personnages brutaux, sales, gentils et méchants. Comme son précédent film, sans réussir à atteindre la même cadence, ni la même force, c'est n'empêche une excellente alternative où Colin Farrell, Barry Keoghan et Kerry Condon explosent tout sur leur passage.
Rated 06 Mar 2023
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Well-written, well-acted, well-directed, the movie manages to work as both a dark comedy and as a sort of depressing tragedy. Despite the small cast, every character feels very valuable in the story and portrays I think something different, giving you a lot to take away from looking at each one individually.
Rated 18 Dec 2023
This is one of those love it or hate it movies. I LOVED IT! It is simple, it has GREAT actors, the reaction is pretty extreme (and sickening) and probably the thing people don't like about it... but ultimately it's about friendship (and the lovely pony). Ireland is beautiful and so is this movie.
Rated 02 Jan 2023
So remarkably original, and this kind of feels like the grown-up version of what Bert & Ernie will become. Also, I will never remember the title of this film.
02.01.2022, Falmer/Brighton, UK
Rated 09 Feb 2023
There's a timeless quality to it; naturally partly due to period setting, but also the story itself. Apart from the gorier shots, It could have been done decades ago. The script provides clever details, surprises, and it's surprisingly funny. Farrell and Gleeson were excellent in their roles and it was a joy to see them re-team after "In Bruges". Condon and Keoghan were also very good in their smaller roles. Maybe not quite my favorite McDonagh film, but no doubt one that I will return to.
Rated 07 Jan 2023
I am giving this movie 4 stars with the expectation that subsequent rewatches will promote it to a 4.5 or even 5 star film. I have such residual affection for this pairing of actors due to McDonagh's 'In Bruges' that it is difficult to immediately determine whether the film itself is great or merely very good, but I have been thinking about it daily since I watched it, so I expect it to only rise in my estimation over time.
Rated 25 Apr 2024
It's wonderful that this movie has been embraced so enthusiastically by many different audiences, despite being very offbeat and at times macabre and depressing.
Rated 23 Mar 2023
Masterfully made film. If it had kept the pace of the first two acts, would've been a masterpiece. Still very good though, the struggles of the main characters, and the acting is on a very very high level, the pacing, editing and everything is just perfect. It's just the last act that drags a little and that's what prevented an 80, but still amazing.
Rated 26 Feb 2023
A peculiar story with great scenes and great acting. It's that kind of movie where you will remember the characters and not the plot. The film wants to talk about the futility of life, but it gets lost a bit following the premise of the story instead pursuing for a meaningful conclusion. Some parallels with the irish civil war, but always in the background. Not really groundbreaking, all in all.
Rated 07 Feb 2023
Bizarre but brilliantly acted
Rated 14 Jan 2023
Sweet and sour visual beauty of a story. Modern tale about man to man friendship, ageing, loneliness. Sometimes delivery slips out of hand ;)
Rated 16 Jan 2023
My favorite movie regarding self care.
Rated 21 Mar 2023
It might not have been as brilliant as Three Billboards, but it still was an amazing cinematic experience. Not a single main character felt misused or neglected, but Condon's character and performance were particularly stellar. This was one of the very few films to which I felt a deep personal connection, likely because I am currently going through a Colm phase with one of my own friends.
Rated 22 Feb 2023
2 deli 1 araya gelmemeliydik. Köyde hem komşu, hem de dost arkadaş kardeş kanka olan 2 erkeğin hikayesi. Sanatçı olan arkadaş, senden sıkıldım beni rahat bırak deyip arkadaşını kovuyor. Bu arada, yalnız kalıp, şarkılar üretmeye başlıyor. Üzülen arkadaş da, bunun nedenini ve kırma kalbimi deyip üstüne üstüne gidiyor. Arada diğer karakterlerin ruh halleri ve köyün sıkıcılığı da iyi anlatılmış. Hayvan sevgisi de olan film. Filmin sonunda, içim yanıyor. Köpek bana bir şey yapmadı ki? Niye öldüreyim?
Rated 18 Mar 2024
Really just such a sad, tragic, and funny movie. Loved how it looked, too, with the beautiful Irish landscape that only added to the forlorn feel of the quiet chaos the two former friends descend into. Such great performances from all of the cast. I always liked how Martin McDonagh writes side characters, giving them a voice of their own in the story. Also, animals were integral in this movie. Their silent support can also mean the world to a person.